forum

NEWS - weeeek

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Echo
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, 3 December 2008 at 6:28:11 p.m.

Artist: NEWS
Title: weeeek
BPM: 109.88
Filesize: 4014kb
Play Time: 02:27
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.89 stars, 347 notes)
  2. Insane (5 stars, 410 notes)
  3. Normal (4.27 stars, 269 notes)
Download: NEWS - weeeek
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

peppy hates (ok, maybe that's a bit strong) this song.
Rolled
Offset may be 5 ms or so early, pretty minor and I didn't really notice it in game play but 5 ms is 5 ms for accuracy whores :P

Also, beatmap is structured very well. The high drain balances out with all of the new combos, makes it pretty easy to pass. We discussed a bit on IRC how that fact alone should make this difficulty Hard. However, difficulty level should not be measured on how easy the song is to pass, however the S'ability of the song (imo)

If any map at all should be labeled as insane, it should be this. Freaking 20 X's on my first run, 16 on the second. That's pretty hardcore :P The spacing is huge for such a fast song, let alone the jumps. The best spread for this song would be Insane/hard/normal, imo. If you keep hard at the slider velocity and BPM as the slow sections of the song, it will make a pretty fun to play beatmap imo. Just make normal a bit of a watered down version of that and you have yourself ranx.
m980
I agree with Rolled. Insane mode!

I see no problem with this map, apart from large jumps and the fact that i can't keep up with the combos as they go too fast for me to handle.

Great job!
James
!!

hey wheres normal

hard:
starting at 01:36:44.. something is wrong already...

and wheres the hitsounds?!

!!
Topic Starter
Echo
Normal and hitsounds, hard fixed.

Not sure about offset since I'm still not sure about my UO.
Rolled
Jumps are a little cruel in normal maps :/

Some are a bit dodgy, not sure what my final word is going to be on them.

00:44:56 (1)
00:49:74 (1)
01:11:04 (1)

Some examples.

This overall flow of each difficulty is excellent, as is one difficulty level to the next. It's hard not to bubble this right now, but I just want to get your opinion on the normal jumps. If you're absolutely set on keeping them, then I will bubble. As I've said though a bit out of place in a normal map.

Also, maybe a background? Default colors + background, whats that :(
Topic Starter
Echo
The only two jumps left now are 01:07:76 and 01:11:04, which I really want to keep in there.

Added the single's coverart as a bg. Please don't yell at me if you can't see the beats.

edit: whoa, I hit 5 star :)
Topic Starter
Echo
bumpy
m980
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
al2e10
Very Good!!!

All Good!!

I like this ;)
Topic Starter
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
al2e10
all is 4stars up = =
I think it can't gave to new player :|
Rolled

al2e10 wrote:

all is 4stars up = =
I think it can't gave to new player :|
Pretty valid point, but I don't think the star rating is very accurate in normal. I think it is easy enough for the slightly below intermediate player, definitely not beginner however that isn't required for rank.

Also, timing such as these scare me. But I didn't notice anything while playing the map so I'm not going to second guess myself and leave the timing as is.

As said before, such a fun map. Bubbled.

Also, @ m980's point about 02:22:58 (3) in hard, I didn't even notice it was spaced badly :P. By this point in the song you've heard the chorus like 3 or 4 times, it's just so natural even though not spaced technically correct.
Sinistro
Great map, so it pains me to do this:

Normal
01:41:89 (1) - Far too closely spaced, it should be almost half a screen away under your distance value. But instead of dragging stuff around, I find that selecting and flipping horizontally all of 01:41:89 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3) (i.e. until the spacing-resetting spinner) will make that circle have a tiny jump instead of being half a screen closer, and everything else stay the way it is.
Topic Starter
Echo
Fixed.
Sinistro
Ranked!
machol30
You're kidding me! This gets rank right as I'm finishing with Insane difficulty.

I was so surprised that I could actually pass it at first, let alone with single button. :P

Download: buraimaster1234 - NEWS - weeeek [Insane] (0001-01-01) OsuStandard.osr

Fun beatmap, by the way! :D

al2e10
nomedeusuarionaodisp
Zerostarry
show more