forum

Itou Kanako - Waltz

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mafiamaster
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, February 20, 2009 at 9:18:37 PM

Artist: Itou Kanako
Title: Waltz
BPM: 145
Filesize: 5802kb
Play Time: 01:27
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (3.2 stars, 122 notes)
  2. Hard (4.44 stars, 515 notes)
  3. Normal (4.2 stars, 295 notes)
Download: Itou Kanako - Waltz
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
A song from the anime School Days. 3rd ED.
Normal is completed and will be making another difficulty some time.
Edit: Removed circles right after the spinners so it's less hard for Normal even though it isn't hard at all :P. But in there for Hard still.
Edit: Hard is finished.
Edit: Fixed with supergarlic's post.
Edit: Fixed with Larto's post
Edit: Changed happy fun circle colors to dark emo circle colors
Edit: Created Easy Difficulty.
Edit: Added in more hit sounds. Fixed with Mog's post.
Feb Edit: Fixed some stuff in Hard like some small spacing stuffs and some hit sounds and inherited sections
Wizard Of Orz
Normal:

00:54:823 make that further from green combo
01:02:684 sorta close to 1 if you ask me

Hard:

00:28:549 sort of a gap there between 4 and 5 eh?
00:33:514 1,1,2 kind of large spacing
03:01:848 maybe further from yellow?
Larto
Hellouh

BPM: Why don't you just take 145? ;P
Offset: I suggest 580. Yours sounds very late to me.

Hard:
00:41:131 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9): From 1-7 you're spacing a bit wider than you space from 7-9. Even out, please
01:02:648 (2): I don't know about this, it looks sweet, but it overlaps the slider from two seconds ago... Naah, it looks sweet, let it stay there until a BAT says otherwise.
01:47:338 (9): I'd space this slider one square up in Level 3 grid, looks better.
02:19:614 (8): This overlap is a bit worse than the last one. I'd suggest you flip the slider vertically, that way it looks cool, too.
02:33:890 (1,2): I'd space (1) closer to (2)
02:42:786 (1,2): ^
03:29:131 (1): Slider is distracting, don't know if this is okay, peppy didn't like this on my map D:

Normal:
01:47:338 (9): I'd space this slider one square down in Level 3 grid, looks better.
02:19:614 (8): This overlap is a bit worse than the last one. I'd suggest you flip the slider vertically, that way it looks cool, too.
02:26:648 (9): New combo

Nice song and nice beatmap ;D
Topic Starter
Mafiamaster

Rolled wrote:

Note: If anybody ever tells you a .01 or .99 BPM, tell them to fuck off.
Well in this case, it's backwards ._.
Lol jk. I did it anyways.

620 offset seems spot on to me and 580 seems too early for me. Maybe you should try slowing down a bit? :oops:

Thanks for your post, I fixed most of it with your suggestions!
Mogsy
Okay, this sounds like it might be kind of a stupid gripe, but it should be in 3/4. The title of the song is Waltz, and well, it follows the waltz's traditional pulse, which is 3/4.

In fact, I have no other structural complaints. Combo number issues are abundant, yes, but I'm uploading the .osus with the time signature fix and the combo number fixes.

Other than what I changed around, it looks fine. I'd also like to hear some more hitsounds. :P

Oh right, one thing in Hard:
-03:56:895 (3, 4, 5, 6, 1) - To me, this is extremely cluttered. Please fix this.

Starred.

Download: Itou Kanako - Waltz (Mafiamaster) [Easy].osu

Download: Itou Kanako - Waltz (Mafiamaster) [Normal].osu

Download: Itou Kanako - Waltz (Mafiamaster) [Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Mafiamaster
It is teh fixed.
Mogsy
Ungraveyarded and bubbled after finally checking it again. So very sorry for the wait! D:
Larto
Hard:
fine

Normal:
fine

Easy:
fine

There are only two things I don't like:
1. You put the sample changing sections directly on notes, I won't pop your bubble for that, but keep in mind that you should put them a bit before actual notes.
2. Black hitcircles, eeek. I won't pop your bubble for that but keep in mind that black hitcircles are annoying D:

Ranked anyways, apart from what I mentioned good job.
Topic Starter
Mafiamaster
Oh ok, I see. I'll definitely remember that in the future. Thanks for ranking!