forum

Need a gaming-related survey done

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EnderoftheEnd
I've done this a few times in chat but for fear of coming off as annoying I found it might be easier to write on forums instead. As I'm much too lazy to find out how to better structure this, please post your replies here. I'm surveying anyone around the world, but I especially need people within east-Asian regions. It's for a final-year high school project (so don't expect it to be written well either >_>). Thanks!

1. How long have you been playing video games for?
Less than 1 year 1-2 years 3-5 years 6-10 years 11+ years

2. How often do you play video games?
Every day Every few days Every week Every few weeks Barely ever

3. How long do you usually play for at a time?
1-15 minutes Half an hour 1 hour 2-4 hours 5+ hours

4. Would you consider yourself a competitive gamer?
Yes No

5. What drives you the most to play video games?
Competition Entertainment Education Other (elaborate)

6. Where do you think video games will go from here? (Optional)
Ambivert-Wise
1. 10 years

2. Mostly Everyday

3. 4-5 hours

4. Yes

5. Characters, storyline/plot, gameplay/game mechanics, "fun factor"(how enjoyable it is to play the game)

6. As I see it, the world of video gaming will only continue to evolve and further develop thanks to the steady progression of both technology and the human mind, which in turn will help to develop countless enhancements to its sector.
abraker
1. How long have you been playing video games for?
18 years

2. How often do you play video games?
Every day

3. How long do you usually play for at a time?
4-5 hours

4. Would you consider yourself a competitive gamer?
Yes

5. What drives you the most to play video games?
Self improvement, interesting mechanics

6. Where do you think video games will go from here?
With the advent of more developed VR, we will start seeing more games geared toward immersive experience. In the further future, more live like open world movie type of games- emphasis of making film an interactive experience via VR and filling in the character behavior via AI. It would be something of a blur between cinema, gaming, and reality.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
1. 11+ years

2. Every day

3. 2-4 Hours

4. No

5. Entertainment

6. With improving technology, I think games will get innovative with the advent of new methods. I see multiple paths for gaming, from storytelling to competitive events, and in theses fields I'd expect significant growth.
45Traeath
[1] More than 11, I guess.

[2] Every day.

[3] Between 4h and 5h.

[4] No.

[5] Entertainment + Other (if existing, the story)

[6] Maybe in every direction, but with of course, unequal proportions. It's not a new thing that there will be less made for old devices, that's where it hits me, because I imagine there will be more of some genres than other ones, when I see myself staying in the minor side.
The evolution I've seen here is only "changes", which includes bad ones. There might be "mostly" good ones, but someone like me sees almost as many bad as those.
Kirika
1. 11+ Years
2. Every day
3. 5+ Hours
4. Yes
5. Killing Time, a drive to improve at them. I suppose this could be written down as Competition.
6. I think Virtual Reality will become the norm in the future as science improves and headsets become more affordable.
bobbathan
1. 11 years

2. Every day

3. 2-4 hours

4. No

5. I like to challenge myself and see myself improve.

6. I think vr will become increasingly common and esports will become as or even more popular than mainstream sports.
Topic Starter
EnderoftheEnd
Thanks for your responses everyone! I'll keep collecting them as I still need a lot more, but thank you for all of your time. :)