forum

Do any of your friends know what osu! is?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AsylumGG
I was thinking about this the other day, that I've never met someone who knows what osu is. Whenever any of my friends or classmates ask me what games I play, I have to try and explain to them what osu is and they end up either end up calling me a weeb(god no) or not understanding. Has anybody ever met anyone in real life that actually knows the struggle of jumps/streams?

update: with the new school year, I found out like half of the kids in my AP physics class play osu. Not too suprised tho, haha
Green Platinum
Your friends sound like judgmental assholes. How do you even describe osu! such that you get called a weeb?
Flanster

Green Platinum wrote:

Your friends sound like judgmental assholes. How do you even describe osu! such that you get called a weeb?

Probably mentioning anime songs.
Hickacou
My friend : "I don't like."
My other friend : "I don't wanna try."
My girlfriend : "No. I won't download it."
A random classmate : "Yes, I'll download it this night !" - Said the 12/03/2018
So yes, they know (because of me..) osu!, but they don't give any shit about it ;__;
What a life
RinChanMeow
There are like, 2 people I know who've played it before. 1 of them seemed to play it semi seriously for abit, but only for like, half a year before stopping.
The other one said they played it as a joke once (and like, they're the last person I'd expect to even find osu, let alone play it)

But yeah, I don't know of anyone else who plays it, and it'd take aloot of convincing to get the people I do know to play..
KumaLily
One of my friends actually was the one who told me about osu! =w=
Achromalia
maybe a few, but i don't think any of them really care for it.
Winnyace
yeah they do. some even tried playing
Akanagi

AsylumGG wrote:

I was thinking about this the other day, that I've never met someone who knows what osu is. Whenever any of my friends or classmates ask me what games I play, I have to try and explain to them what osu is and they end up either end up calling me a weeb(god no) or not understanding. Has anybody ever met anyone in real life that actually knows the struggle of jumps/streams?

Yeah. I explained it as a rhythm game with an aim component.
ChiakiNanami
Yeah i have some friends that played osu and some i tried teaching but they just gave up in the end
levesterz
Just one. He saw me play oss one time in my campus room and like 'woah i din know your are into anime and he ask what game i was playing and copy and paste all tge song file to his laptop.
ItsJustTroll
Why did you remind me that I don't have any friends? :(
Almalu
I started playing osu! thanks to my only friend.
abraker
Most actually don't or don't care
ReconWolf
majority of my friends never heard of the game,
only like three friends of mines heard / played the game
day
i got into osu! because one of my friends,and the others will either tell me congratz when i make a good play on a discord call or don't really care
Chadol
Two of my friends quit after getting around 400pp, and I couldn’t convince any other friends to get the game, because they’re convinced it’s trash
defnf
(deleted)
mulraf
everytime someone asks me what i play it's like "this and osu, you've probably never heard of it" which they agree on. then i tell them "well, you probably know guitar hero. it's not really that close but both are rhythm games" and then they're like oh, ok i guess. but one day someone answered "oh, i know osu" after the first question. kinda made me happy until i found out he only plays osu!droid from time to time :D
beachTurkey
me
show more