forum

Stuck at 3 star maps (mania)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
qarzCSGO
im playing 4K before anyone asks (edit)
so, i wanna start off by saying that ive played mania for ~1 year.
in that time period i started the few first months slow, but then i started getting better and better really fast, but after doing so for ~2 months, i started to slow down.
i was able to FC S 2-2.5* maps, but then i got stuck at 5 missing 3 star maps. and i didn't get any 3* fcs, not even a low accuracy one. that has been going on for about ~4 months, and i still dont have a 3 star fc, and ive been improving only slightly, which makes me question myself every time, if i reached my limit or im not playing enough. if you got any help/tips on what to do, please leave a comment telling me how.

cheers,
Rayonæt
Cnote Johnson
hmmm I guess the only advice that I can give you is play maps that are a bit hard for you to pass and play consistently. If you just stick to maps that are easy for you, you are not going to improve. Hopefully this helps a bit
Venix
I think it's a topic for Gameplay & Rankings forum.
Flanster
Moved to G&R > Mania
Bobbias
FCs are worth nothing in mania. Absolutely nothing. Focusing on maps you can FC is going to make learning harder patterns take a very long time. Start playing maps you can barely even pass. Start playing maps you can get solid As on. Try improving your As to Ss. Try to pass maps you just barely fail.

Again, FCs are absolutely NOT important or useful in mania.
Yyorshire

Bobbias wrote:

FCs are worth nothing in mania. Absolutely nothing. Focusing on maps you can FC is going to make learning harder patterns take a very long time. Start playing maps you can barely even pass. Start playing maps you can get solid As on. Try improving your As to Ss. Try to pass maps you just barely fail.

completely disagree

going for FC's make sure that you understand and are capable of doing the patterns presented to you, while passing maps you can barely play can lead to mashing and overall just passing is not really conducive to improving because "just passing" means you can barely play the map at all
Bobbias
Playing maps you can barely pass introduces you to denser and more physically demanding patterns, which are a learning opportunity. Learning to read denser stuff leads to improving your overall reading.

Improving your A scores leads to faster improvement because you are improving on patterns you can play, but not hit well.

I never said you should only play stuff you struggle on, but that if you want to improve more quickly you need to focus on maps that you have some difficulty on.

Focusing on improving your accuracy/consistency on easier maps certainly leads to better accuracy and consistency, but it also means you learn harder patterns much more slowly. It takes much more effort to improve a 97 to 99 for example, than a 93 to a 95, and far less than an 88 to a 90.

Its still important to practice accuracy and consistency, but by including a much wider range of difficulty will lead to faster improvement overall.

OP was asking for advice on improving past the star rating he seems stuck on, and playing a wider range of difficulty will help get past that.

The other thing I was getting at is that standard tends to emphasize the importance of FCs since the score system means a single miss can cost you a third of your maximum score. Mania does not reward an FC with anything. Its possible for a score with a miss or 2 to be worth more points if they had better accuracy overall. On top of that, its very easy to get a single miss in mania due to how many more overall objects you need to hit.
nadavv

Yyorshire wrote:

Bobbias wrote:

completely disagree

going for FC's make sure that you understand and are capable of doing the patterns presented to you, while passing maps you can barely play can lead to mashing and overall just passing is not really conducive to improving because "just passing" means you can barely play the map at all
bruh wtf noobs should never go std here
theres a difference between aiming for 95 or aiming for pass with 81
NightNarumi
Just go for high accuracy fc’s :p
show more