forum

Yorushika - Just a Sunny Day for You [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wriothesley
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, February 1, 2024 at 4:33:32 AM

Artist: Yorushika
Title: Just a Sunny Day for You
Tags: indie j-pop japanese pop rock indiepop indierock tada kimi ni hare cloudless nbuna n-buna suis 負け犬にアンコールはいらない makeinu encore wa iranai loser doesn't need an squirrelpascals spascals bossandy frontier -_frontier_- knightc0re otaku_gamer_45 otakugamer big chungus dtm9 nowa nowaie celektus ulqui downpour fruityenloops blobdash
BPM: 140
Filesize: 15130kb
Play Time: 03:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Boss' Advanced (2.5 stars, 411 notes)
  2. Frontier's Hard (3.29 stars, 484 notes)
  3. just the rhythm (3.92 stars, 835 notes)
  4. Knight's Light Insane (3.91 stars, 619 notes)
  5. memories of soda flavored days under the ultramarine tokyo sky (5.57 stars, 759 notes)
  6. Nowa's Another (5.04 stars, 698 notes)
  7. OtakuGamer's Insane (4.5 stars, 693 notes)
  8. squirrelp's Normal (1.96 stars, 316 notes)
  9. the rhythm of your body that night we left the window open (3.92 stars, 835 notes)
  10. Ulqui's pitter-patter of sundrops (4.38 stars, 891 notes)
Download: Yorushika - Just a Sunny Day for You
Download: Yorushika - Just a Sunny Day for You (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
you know
i can still feel you on summer days
when i can smell the hot asphalt
i know that a summer day like this is
just another sunny day for you
but for me
it's a full on downpour

hitsounding: celektus

lore
Start of the Project: June 14, 2018

This song, Just a Sunny Day for You, is a very vibrant, summery song where the lyrics are actually a beautiful melancholy reflecting on a breakup. I mapped it because it was right when I had a breakup that basically followed the lyrics of that song to a T; it was a summer romance, and I heard this song, and it just - it was about me. I wanted to map it in a way that captured what spoke to me most about the lyrics of the song, the incongruity of the melancholy lyrics and flowery melody. When listened to, it gives the feeling of being off-kilter, the way I had felt since my breakup. Toward the end of the song, as you know, there is a key change - while musical theory calls this as a 'resolution', the last line of the song confirms - they are still just "chewing over memories of you." When I mapped this, hoping to move on, originally it changed to a level grid snap at this part, but later on, I ended up changing it to switching directions with the same degree tilt - because when you 'get over' real love, it doesn't really work like that. Here's a message I wrote to someone explaining it:
"it's been nearly a year now
and even though my life has changed
i thought about him today, which was the first day I went out in short sleeves and drank a milkshake"
You still carry a piece of them with you, and when you chew over memories of them, just for a second, your life is off-kilter. I wanted to convey that in this map.

Thank you all for the past 6 years. It's been an honor.