forum

Question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ghostiiyu
Alright I just got osu! not too long ago and I was wondering what the words flying across the screen meant when you watch a replay(like of one you did) Are they bots? Because I suck at this game and it was saying stuff like "pro" "omg how he do that"
Achromalia
Those are indeed real comments by real people, but usually if they show up on your replay of the map you played, it actually would mean those were all the comments from multiple different replays that go into the same map. The majority of those will be for the replays on the top of the leaderboard, so if you see a popular map where tons of professional or well-known players have made plays on, you'll see a lot of those comments may be referring to them.

I never really understood the discussion/comment system myself when it came to replays, and it can get a little annoying whenever i play anything popular.
Comfy Slippers

Achromalia wrote:

I never really understood the discussion/comment system myself when it came to replays, and it can get a little annoying whenever i play anything popular.
Overlaying comments is a nico nico douga thing. I assume it's for immersion purposes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niconico
Chadol
You can disable them if you want to. There should be an option for that
SpasticSurgeon

Achromalia wrote:

Those are indeed real comments by real people, but usually if they show up on your replay of the map you played, it actually would mean those were all the comments from multiple different replays that go into the same map. The majority of those will be for the replays on the top of the leaderboard, so if you see a popular map where tons of professional or well-known players have made plays on, you'll see a lot of those comments may be referring to them.

Thanks never knew this.
show more