forum

Body Tensing When Playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SomeCasual
Problem Details: Usually when I play osu! sometimes my body tense up with excitement, but it stops my hand in place when there is circles popping up at a rapid rate even when the AR is 2. If anyone knows how to stop this and help me improve more please love of god tell me how to fix this problem.
SpasticSurgeon

61042 wrote:

Problem Details: Usually when I play osu! sometimes my body tense up with excitement, but it stops my hand in place when there is circles popping up at a rapid rate even when the AR is 2. If anyone knows how to stop this and help me improve more please love of god tell me how to fix this problem.

So this happens to me as well. I sometimes tense my entire body while I play. I don't think it's entirely negative because it means you are engaged heavily. If I notice I am tensing I remember to stick to focusing on the rhythm and try to remind myself that choking a combo isn't the end of the world. Maybe try and redirect some of that energy into focusing on the song.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Isn't that due to sit wrong and neck problems? Do you have your arms and shoulders way higher than they should?
Try to put something under your chair to get higher.
Faye
Simple answer here really. Relax. Breathe. Tensing is exhausting amd causes locking as you've noticed, but it can be avoided if you force yourself to relax.

Any time you feel like you need to tense up for something, relax and try and tap calmly instead.

You'll improve quicklu and feel less exhaustion.
SpasticSurgeon
O
ADelicateOrange
AR2. HE'S ON EZMODDDDDDD.

Just chew some gum or something. Force yourself to breathe. I mean... You're new it's bound to happen. You'll get over it.
zoklev
just untense lol
koemada
you can only try to relax, have a proper sitting posture and focus on moving your hand naturally and try not to focus on your excitement lmao
dung eater
Miss circles untill you feel better.
Topic Starter
SomeCasual
Thanks, to koemada, ADelicateOrange, Faye,for helping me. Special thanks to ManuelOsuPlayer mostly for showing that my position while playing was really unhealthy. I use to put my legs up to my chest and play, but now I fixed the problem, and it does not happen as much anymore.