forum

Moment by [Seaweed] // A minimalist, easy-to-read skin for anyone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Seaweed]

Recently Updated. Check bottom of post! Screenshots may not be accurate to latest version of skin.

A Map heavily inspired by (and using a couple resources from) A. Requieland's self-named skin, A-Requieland-Final, Moment is a skin I made to suit my personal preferences in a skin.

Small numbers in the UI

Easy to read rank letters

Easy-to-read sliders that aren't too bright/blinding to read

A simplistic spinner with a meter that doesn't eat up the entire screen =)

And best of all...

Because this cat is effin dope.

This skin seems to be done but i feel it could still use some work. Feel free to give it a download and let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you. Also, if you find or can come up with anything that can potentially improve the skin, PLEASE shoot me a dm or post here. I wanna know. Be brutal =)

Download

Screenshots

Song select
Pause Menu
Fail screen
Play area with spinner and mod active
Kicker, slider, hitcircle
Score and Rank screen
Mods

~Seaweed

UPDATE 1

1. Changed Cursor for better visibility.
  2. Darker Slider Borders.
  3. Made star2.png transparent. No more stupid particle effects.
  4. Centered Acc. and Progress meter.

Big thanks to users Barentor and Lexy for the suggestions.

UPDATE 2

1. Fixed low-res score/rank screen.
  2. Cleaned up Mod symbols a little bit.

UPDATE 3

1. Fixed ranking-panel@2x(.)png overlapping section of ranking stats.

UPDATE 4

1. Made play-unranked.png transparent. It no longer conflicts with the Accuracy meter.
  2. Made the gap between score-x.png and its paired numbers smaller.
  3. Added "300"s to the ranking/score screen.
  4. Skinned ScoreV2 Mod.

Thanks to h3oCharles for pointing these out.

UPDATE 5

1. Changed hit0.png. Miss "X" is a little more readable.

Thanks to Gildartz971 for this one.

UPDATE 6

1. Added border to scoring screen panel.
  2. Fixed "Back" button hitbox overlapping best-score button on scoreboard.
  3. Added 2 pixels between numbers.

Big thanks to lukas909 here.

UPDATE 7

1. Moved skip button up so that it is above FPS and Latency meters, if they are enabled.

Good catch, 42lives.
h3oCharles
can we get full screen screenshots and not marketing buzzwords plz?
Topic Starter
[Seaweed]

h3oCharles wrote:

can we get full screen screenshots and not marketing buzzwords plz?

You got it mate. I'll do that after I get back From work this evening.

Edit.... Done
Acurza
I love this skin. I compared the skin with another skin and i got a better score using this one. It isn't too distracting, and the design is simple.

also nice cat
tobuu
even though this skin isn't my tup of tea, this skin is really useful if you're just starting osu and you want a clean skin. good skin overall.
iridxscent
Looks clean! I love the shade of turquoise you used, and although I probably wouldn't use this skin myself, it looks gameplay-optimized for nearly every level of skill. I would recommend offering more cursor variations in the skin folder, specifically something reddish-orange (complimentary with turquoise, which would allow for it to not get lost in gameplay as easily for newer players). Also, I absolutely love the pause and fail backgrounds, but with the pause menu it might be helpful to have a black glow underneath the options as to not blend in with the stars in the background.

These are just my suggestions, as the skin is already absolutely wonderful, and I look forward to seeing what else you're planning to do with it in the future.
h3oCharles
- don't use multiple fonts at the same time, just stick to one with multiple variants, it looks like a mixed skin now
- why Mode button is blank?
- play-unranked blends in with acc REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
- score-x has too much gap between the other numbers. To fix this, just change the width of it
- invisible 300s in the ranking screen, that's bad. To fix this, rename all gameplay hitbursts to hitX-0 (where X is 0,50,100,100k,300,300k,300g) and make hitbursts normally
- scorev2 not skinned, it's selection-mod-scorev2
Acurza
h30, TONS of skins use invisable 300s. Honestly its better if it stays invisable.
h3oCharles

Kittycatgamer wrote:

h3o, TONS of skins use invisible 300s. Honestly its better if it stays invisible.

first of all, it's h three oh, not h thirty

second, invisible 300s shows how much you don't care about art
Topic Starter
[Seaweed]

Kittycatgamer wrote:

h30, TONS of skins use invisable 300s. Honestly its better if it stays invisable.

I can defend h3o here... since he said

h3oCharles wrote:

- invisible 300s in the ranking screen

"In the ranking screen" is the key phrase there, kitty. It's an easy fix.

I'm going to move the acc back to the right side since it conflicts with "unranked"

Also, I didn't know what the file name for v2 was. I'll skin it.

Mode being blank was an intentional aesthetic, since the skin is intended for STD only, but if its something that might bug people I can change it. However, I'd prefer to leave it for now.
h3oCharles
about acc, you can keep it in the middle, either blank out play-unranked, or put blank canvas space to make it move out of acc
Topic Starter
[Seaweed]
Fixed the bigger issues.
pl0ski
really nice skin
-easy to read
-minimalistic
A r e n d e l
I like your skin, but can you change the ''X'' please? is a little confused for me
Peptun
I like how this skin feels. it helped me beat some PBs
The bottom of the scorescreen looks unfinished, there is 1cm of pure void, and it looks like the tab should continue, so i would recomend giving it at least 1px of border.
All the score numbers look a bit too much close, nothing 1-2px more couldnt fix, give them at least a bit of personal space to breathe ;)
And the hitbox for back button is too big it interferes with the "your online record" thing
there are still some issues poined out by Charles, but mostly they are fixed and i assume youre working on it.
Gameplay wise its a 9/10.
Ambrew
for someone who usually plays with skins that have cursor tails, I have to say I like the skin a lot. It's very easy on the eyes, the font is good, minimal, I like the cats on the break screen. Nice choice of artwork and ending music. Not much say, I'm not experienced so I can't really criticize anything technical x_x keep it up!
kendrekk lamar
Wow. Soo cool! I bet I can't skin one like this!.
Yoyruwus
Pros:
Extremely Clean
Easy to read
not flashy at all
Clear hit circles
Nice, calming music on the ranking screen (in case you're one of those who choke at the last hit)
Cute spinner :)

Cons: Invisible mode button
Ranking screen is a bit too dull
Skip button is pretty invisible if you have frame rate toggled

etc: No follow points
No anime
No trail on cursor
Green fonts

Overall 87/100
Notes: It sticks to its purpose, this is a very minimalist skin for those who are wishing to maximize their reading capabilities with little distraction, would definitely use this for myself
h3oCharles
why colors from Nightgate? ;_;
Peptun
Download doesnt work :(
show more