forum

New kid

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jordarrian
Hello! I'm Jord, and I just recently started with osu! I wanted to try it at first, but somehow I believed you needed a tablet to play, so I was left in the dark until I actually looked it up and decided to play. I've played this game for a bit and i'm very bad at it I find it interesting. I thought it would be nice to see the community, so here I am!
Achromalia
Hello there. Welcome to the forums.

Yeah, there are multiple ways to play the game, usually being mouse-only for newer players or those who are stubborn with their playstyle (me), then the tablets and pens for those who feel it works best for them, usually pretty common, and the typical mouse+keyboard players. There are also those who play by using the hardware trackpad used in laptops, and there's pen+keyboard.

Anyhow, regarding the forums.

If you feel like venturing out into other forums to socialize or shitpost or whatever you'd like to do, you can visit the other forums in this "Other" category.

A general tip to keep in mind is the distinction between the forums named "General Discussion" and "Off-Topic". Both of them are for general conversation with little or no relevance to osu!, but unless you want to waltz into "shitpost heaven", be wary of Off-Topic. General Discussion can be seen as a place to share serious discussions over pretty much anything that isn't osu!-related. Off-Topic is for people who lack any creative quality and feel like posting the most inane things. It's also a decent breeding ground for occasional drama.

For every shitstorm like Off-Topic, it has it's calmer eye in its center, the subforums named "Forum Games" and "Surveys". Those subforums are the best places to go for general entertainment in the forums. There are some abbreviations to use as short-hands or nicknames when referring to a specific forum. For example, "Forum Games" is abbreviated as FG, "Off-Topic" is abbreviated as OT, and "General Discussion" is abbreviated as GD. I basically live in FG, and visit OT and GD often.

There are a few other forums in the "Other" category, too, including the following:

Music Hall, for anything music-related, a good place to show people the songs you like, or talk about music-related things. If you're a musician or music producer, it's a good place to show people your work.

Otaku Culture, anything relevant to anime, manga, or movies. A good place to let loose if you're comfortable talking about it.

Video Games, pretty self explanatory, as long as it's not osu-related, it's fine.

Art, for whatever things you've drawn or made. There are different threads for each thing, one for traditional and digital art, one for photography, and one for GFX, short for graphic effects. If you want someone to make an avatar for you, or make userpage graphics, or even graphics for your signature, then there are threads for that where you can request for someone to do that for you.

But most importantly, remember to read the rules of each forum.

Hope you enjoy your stay! o/
Topic Starter
Jordarrian
Thank you so much Achro! I'll be sure to read the rules and check out some of the forums soon.
Achromalia
No problem.

Just making an attempt at being a decent guide! .w.
Zekks
hi there hi there
Topic Starter
Jordarrian

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

hi there hi there

Hello
Lilou
welcum
show more