forum

"Gimmick" taiko beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
73d1b34r
I recently found a beatmap to a song called Lucent (JAKAZiD Remix)
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/154326#taiko/1437522

It sounded like a good song and (according to the stars) was in my difficulty range, so I downloaded it. However, as soon as you start the map, it shows a second note bar under yours, and says "Memorize". Some notes move on the bottom bar inline with the music, as if you were watching someone play. Then that same pattern goes on your screen, but it's too fast to see, meaning you have to memorize the notes and play them back. It has some other twists that I won't spoil in case any of you haven't played it and want to, but does anyone know of any beatmaps similar to this?

I've been looking for a while and I can't find any other beatmaps like this. I want beatmaps that use video to force you to play the game in a different way. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I looked at the description of the song I linked and found that this creator has more of these types of beatmaps. Although if anyone knows of anyone else who does this, please tell me. Thanks!
Edgar_Figaro
Alot of Katacheh maps have this style.

Also there are a few maps in the loved section that do this as well like Gezo's Marianne for instance
Topic Starter
73d1b34r

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Alot of Katacheh maps have this style.

Also there are a few maps in the loved section that do this as well like Gezo's Marianne for instance

Are there any "key words" I could search for?

EDIT: I found the term I was looking for. "Gimmick"
show more