forum

Osu! Progress

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YoshiChen
Hey guys I was thinking of making a forum where I try to rise up the rankings to hopefully someday to become a less trash player in osu!. I will start to post progress about my ranks and what time frame it took to achieve this.When I achieve certain milestones this post will be updated and I will also post the date of achieving a certain digit range. Thank you for following my journey as a player as I rise up the ranks and please give me any advice you have about getting better as a player. I will only be posting major changes in rank and skill on this post.

Here we go:-

1. 2nd August 2018-Finally became a 5-digit 7 months into the game. I took my time with this and barely farmed ;).

2. 13th August 2018-Hit 97k and switched from mouse to tablet for the first time. I purchased the XP Pen G640.

3. 31st August 2018-First AIRMAN pass with tablet :D

4. 7th September 2018- Reached 90k and got myself a 174pp play. I'm very close to 200pp and I'm free to take suggestions on what maps give 200pp for 95% acc and above. RIP mouse btw.

5. 28th September 2018- First 7* Uta pass OMG Im sooooo happpppyyyyy(get it).

6. 26th October 2018- I bought my first mechanical keyboard with cherry mx red switches. I purchased the corsair k63 wired version. I can't wait to see how I improve from here.

9. 30th January 2019- Changed my tapping style from index ring to index middle and full alt. I also want to improve at DT so I can get higher pp plays and eventually get rank 1 in the UAE

10. 3rd March 2019- Changed my playstyle back to how it used to be and set some decent HR only scores for my skill level. I have now gotten used to HR and now practice lot of stream maps as well as high bpm alternate maps to help myself improve. I also feel an exponential rise in my accuracy with nomod and feel pretty consistent with most maps thanks to HR. I also installed the newer version of the hawku driver's since mine were dated. I once again feel motivated to play and hope to achieve more scores in the future as well as achieving rank 1 locally through sheer talent.

11. 10th March 2019- Just got my first 200pp play on quaver and hit 3k pp. I'm seriously happy that I finally hit it and hope to set better scores in the future. I have finished my 200pp mission and now going for higher so I can get a 300pp play soon. This score has taught me to never give up and I can't wait to get better at this game.

12. 11th March 2019- I beat my first 8* map(Monochrome Butterfly-Lami'sExtra with HDDT)!!! I can't believe it. I have come so far and I can't wait to see how the rest of 2019 is going to be for me. This is another huge milestone of my osu! career and I thought of putting it here. I have come a long way since December of 2017 when I started and I am so grateful for the support from my friends and especially the people that read this post. Thank you :)

13. 23rd March 2019- I got to participate in my first osu! tourney known as the Accel Tournament and I'm so thankful for getting to experience it. During the tourney I made it all the way to round 4 which was the match before the semifinals. Shoutout to Deadpulse for hosting the tournament and giving me an amazing opportunity to show my skill in osu! This is the link to the bracket where you could see my progress: https://challonge.com/act181v1. This is the link to their twitch channel where the semifinals and grand finals took place: https://www.twitch.tv/acceltournament. Once again thank you so much for this opportunity, and thank you(Insert osu! username here) for seeing my progress in osu.

14. 28th May 2019- Passed freedom dive another diff and a bunch of hard maps. I feel more consistent and my streaming speed is getting better. I've officially stopped caring about ranks and pp and want to become a better player overall and later on my rank will show what I'm capable of doing in this game.

15. 22nd March 2020- I totally forgot this forum existed but am currently still active. I no longer farm and just play the game for fun. Seen significant improvement in aim and streaming speed. Hoping to FC some hard maps this year and make a mark in this game. I can currently play up to 7.8* maps but not super consistently. Trying my best to play hard maps so I can improve. I have also started to see exponential growth with spaced streams as I'm hitting most of them at around 200-215 BPM semi-consistently. Looking forward to see what scores I can pump out this year.

16. 4th April 2020- Hit 4k PP and choked on a 300 lol. I honestly just play the game for fun now. I've stopped caring about my rank and am mainly focusing on improving certain aspects of my gameplay (mainly streaming lol). Also trying to read a variety of ARs to hopefully gain more versatility as a player. I mainly play hard maps now, mostly loved or unranked. I've learned to just enjoy the game for what it is and that pp will come naturally with time. Have a good one guys >_<
ManuelOsuPlayer
Sadly this posts aren't allowed. I tryied to make a similar one years ago.
As advice to consistenly improve, play mostly maps where you get 97%+ acc fc at first try.
KupcaH
That's against the rules

Stefan wrote:

Oh and one more thing: This forum isn't made for personal diaries and blogs. Instead, move your progress experience to your userpage. It's not necessary to have other people commentating your progress and potentially leaving shit posts there.
SpasticSurgeon

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

As advice to consistenly improve, play mostly maps where you get 97%+ acc fc at first try.

Doesn't this mean it's probably too easy or are you being sarcastic?
ADelicateOrange

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Doesn't this mean it's probably too easy or are you being sarcastic?

No. We're serious. 97% Accuracy is the average-bad accuracy. That FC accuracy kinda is a rough estimate that shows you understand the map and can perform on it with decent consistency. Good enough to be competitive in tournaments, but not good enough to win many.
zoklev

ADelicateOrange wrote:

No. We're serious. 97% Accuracy is the average-bad accuracy. That FC accuracy kinda is a rough estimate that shows you understand the map and can perform on it with decent consistency. Good enough to be competitive in tournaments, but not good enough to win many.

is accuracy really that important? I'm fine with just an FC
ManuelOsuPlayer
Going for 97% works pretty well. Check hit rattios. And i'm not playing 2* nomod. I'm constantly playing really hard stuff. Also using HR, DT, HD, EZ and FL on maps from 4* to 7'5*.
Also i submit everything. My acc improves and each day more and more. And i can heavily notice it when i'm playing camellia, akali... maps.
https://ameobea.me/osutrack/user/manuelosuplayer/
koemada
lmao u cant post these
ADelicateOrange

zoklev wrote:

ADelicateOrange wrote:

Yes, it really is. The advantages of improving your accuracy is that you're gaining the ability to precisely hit certain patterns at different BPMs, learning to accurately time when to click on different ARs, improving reaction time. And most importantly (well to me really) is PP gain can be astronomically different: 95% PP vs 98% for many high 4 star songs can mean the difference between 110pp and 150pp. 40 pp is huge.
raccoongamer

ADelicateOrange wrote:

zoklev wrote:

ADelicateOrange wrote:

Yes, it really is. The advantages of improving your accuracy is that you're gaining the ability to precisely hit certain patterns at different BPMs, learning to accurately time when to click on different ARs, improving reaction time. And most importantly (well to me really) is PP gain can be astronomically different: 95% PP vs 98% for many high 4 star songs can mean the difference between 110pp and 150pp. 40 pp is huge.

It’s really a matter of personal preference, and it’s better to balance between chasing acc and playing harder maps.

You usually can fc about 1* harder maps than maps you are comfortable with and can do with 97-98%+ acc. That hardly means that you should mostly play these maps with decent acc. Playing maps you can fc with a struggle, but can’t acc well are more rewarding in terms of improvement, and you can still play maps you can acc well to remain consistent (and relax after challenging to fc maps).
ManuelOsuPlayer

raccoongamer wrote:

You usually can fc about 1* harder maps than maps you are comfortable with and can do with 97-98%+ acc. That hardly means that you should mostly play these maps with decent acc. Playing maps you can fc with a struggle, but can’t acc well are more rewarding in terms of improvement, and you can still play maps you can acc well to remain consistent (and relax after challenging to fc maps).
Wtf? Dude that only happens when you are totally disable to acc. I'm not able to fc 7* and 8*, i don't even have a 6* map fc, but i have tons of them with 99% acc 1, 2, 3, or 4, misses.
raccoongamer

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

raccoongamer wrote:

Wtf? Dude that only happens when you are totally disable to acc. I'm not able to fc 7* and 8*, i don't even have a 6* map fc, but i have tons of them with 99% acc 1, 2, 3, or 4, misses.

99% and 4 misses can happen only when every other hit is perfect. Now I don’t understand how is it possible.

As for me - I can acc fc maps around high 3* (97% or so), but can fc (after 5-10 tries) up to 4,9*. Seems logical to me - streams are considered hard to acc, also I personally rarely hit stacks without occasional 100’s, so I manage to hit all the circles, but acc is usually pretty bad, and this makes sense for me.
show more