forum

Consistency Issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lorelei
I have consistency issues, I just recently passed my first 6* song and while that feels great, all my top plays are trash, acc is pretty bad, and I still haven't fc'ed a 5* song yet. I can see that I am good enough to do these maps and see the potential that I can fc them but I just cant? If anyone has any tips that could help me out it would be appreciated.
zoklev
aren't you just overestimating your skill? That's not a problem, is it?
Maybe don't rush ahead and do 6* maps if you still can't fc 5*
Topic Starter
Lorelei

zoklev wrote:

aren't you just overestimating your skill? That's not a problem, is it?

I don't think so, when I look at my recent replays, I'm hitting mostly everything just with some bad acc and a few aiming mistakes but it happens all the time, and theres are also times when i will hit the stuff i missed before but mess up on the things i hit last time
KupcaH
Play easier maps which you can acc.
Topic Starter
Lorelei

KupcaH wrote:

Play easier maps which you can acc.

So maybe go back to some 4* or some of the easier 5* and grind those?
SpasticSurgeon
I think you really need to focus on improving your accuracy on a lower difficulty. I can relate to what you mean when you say it feels like you have the potential to FC something, but if you AREN'T especially if you have bad accuracy you need to become more proficient on lower difficulties. 85% acc seems like it will cause you problems later on so play easier songs (4* imo) and try to get the highest accuracy you can. Don't even care about Combo just focus on accuracy by listening to the song and it should feel like your clicks and movements fit into the song naturally. My guess is that you are just sort of trying to "keep up" on higher difficulties and missing the actual rhythm a lot and spamming your keys sometimes to catch the notes. It can feel like playing it rhythmically is impossible and that's because it probably is because the song is too hard.
Topic Starter
Lorelei

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

I think you really need to focus on improving your accuracy on a lower difficulty. I can relate to what you mean when you say it feels like you have the potential to FC something, but if you AREN'T especially if you have bad accuracy you need to become more proficient on lower difficulties. 85% acc seems like it will cause you problems later on so play easier songs (4* imo) and try to get the highest accuracy you can. Don't even care about Combo just focus on accuracy by listening to the song and it should feel like your clicks and movements fit into the song naturally. My guess is that you are just sort of trying to "keep up" on higher difficulties and missing the actual rhythm a lot and spamming your keys sometimes to catch the notes. It can feel like playing it rhythmically is impossible and that's because it probably is because the song is too hard.

Ok, so mainly focus on accuracy and with that big combos will come because playing will just feel more natural? I think is what the point is, and so if my acc gets a lot better with 4* and still can't get higher acc on 5* for some reason mess with hd and hr?
ADelicateOrange
What is the tip that we give everyone: Go back and FC easier songs until you can FC them comfortably at 97-98% acc. And, when I mean easier songs I mean 4.4* and below.

Let me tell you right now that if you FC'd your top 25 plays with at least 97% Accuracy you might around 2000pp for those alone. If you can pass a 6* song, then you should be able to FC with at least 95% acc right now: SAD!, Shiori vs Hitorigoto, Katawaredoki, Darling, Baton Road, Aimaimoko, Orange, Monster, and Daidai Genome (Naimirin).

If you can't do those songs almost immediately (give or take 5-8 tries), go back and do what I said in my first couple of sentences.
Topic Starter
Lorelei

ADelicateOrange wrote:

What is the tip that we give everyone: Go back and FC easier songs until you can FC them comfortably at 97-98% acc. And, when I mean easier songs I mean 4.4* and below.

Let me tell you right now that if you FC'd your top 25 plays with at least 97% Accuracy you might around 2000pp for those alone. If you can pass a 6* song, then you should be able to FC with at least 95% acc right now: SAD!, Shiori vs Hitorigoto, Katawaredoki, Darling, Baton Road, Aimaimoko, Orange, Monster, and Daidai Genome (Naimirin).

If you can't do those songs almost immediately (give or take 5-8 tries), go back and do what I said in my first couple of sentences.

All right, I will be working towards these. Thanks!
ManuelOsuPlayer
The skills need to play high star ratting aren't the same than the skills need to fc maps.
Even if you can pass 8* maps you're still going to shit miss at 3* maps.

Your skills to fc maps consistenly may be around 2* right now, and probably you will still shit miss there xD. You have to practice around there and slowly improve without rush.
It's way faster improve all the way up from 2* to 4* going step by step, than retry 4* maps over and over.

Try to work on both sides. Play long maps >7mins at really easy difficults where you can get 97%+ acc. Focus on hit everything and acc. There are some ways to do X things to hit them consistenly. Try to find those things to each pattern.
Solarys
85 acc H O L Y S H I T

I know for a fact you barely survived that 6* map. Getting 81 acc on your top play is, uh... bad.

Start playing easier maps you can acc well. Go on an FC spree with mid 4* maps. Get a reliable rhythm sense. Then you'll be able to farm acc like crazy and be like me, having higher acc than the entire top 10 but still being trash at the game.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Solarys wrote:

85 acc H O L Y S H I T

I know for a fact you barely survived that 6* map. Getting 81 acc on your top play is, uh... bad.

Start playing easier maps you can acc well. Go on an FC spree with mid 4* maps. Get a reliable rhythm sense. Then you'll be able to farm acc like crazy and be like me, having higher acc than the entire top 10 but still being trash at the game.
The top10 have less acc than you because they are playing 6* with DT not 4*
Solarys

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

The top10 have less acc than you because they are playing 6* with DT not 4*

oh yes I know, I did say I was trash after all xd
Topic Starter
Lorelei

Solarys wrote:

85 acc H O L Y S H I T

Thats what I'm working towards now lol, everytime I log in and see that acc I recoil a bit
show more