forum

[resolved] Downloading game after uninstalling, keeps repeating update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pancakeso
Hey. I uninstalled completely uninstalled the game a while ago and I really want to go back to the game. About an hour ago I tried to download it again and it worked at the beginning. It said it was installing the game so I waited. After it was done installing it said "Your game client is being updated". I waited again but it kept repeating itself after it was done updating. So basically it keeps saying it's updating over and over again. How do I fix this?
Death
Please provide the update.log file from inside your osu!\Logs folder.
Topic Starter
Pancakeso

Death wrote:

Please provide the update.log file from inside your osu!\Logs folder.

There is no folder for it. If there is I cannot locate it.
Death
osu!'s default installation path is "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!" there should be a logs folder inside there.
Topic Starter
Pancakeso

Death wrote:

osu!'s default installation path is "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!" there should be a logs folder inside there.

https://pastebin.com/jn31YiQC
Death
What OS are you on?

Try restarting your computer. Temporarily disable any Antivirus/Firewall software on your computer to see if that does anything.
Topic Starter
Pancakeso

Death wrote:

What OS are you on?

Try restarting your computer. Temporarily disable any Antivirus/Firewall software on your computer to see if that does anything.

Windows 10, and I'll try that

[Found the problem in the logs. It didn't install the dll and antiviruses don't allow dll's. Thanks for the help!]
Death
Does that mean you were able to get the installer to work by disabling it?
Topic Starter
Pancakeso
yep
show more