forum

How do you make a hitcircle have no effect?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lokikaos
Something like the wubwoofwolf 1.8.1 skin where when you hit the hitcircle it has no effect therefore it is easier to stream. Here is the link to the 1.8.1 skin https://circle-people.com/skins/?osu=Black%20W0lf%20%28WubWoofWolf%29&download=0
Matt2e2
Make sure you have Lighting disabled from the Settings or that lighting.png is blank
Topic Starter
lokikaos

Matt2e2 wrote:

Make sure you have Lighting disabled from the Settings or that lighting.png is blank

this skin doesn't even have lighting
Matt2e2
Did you try turning it off from the Settings? osu! will use the default lighting sprite if there is none in your skin
Topic Starter
lokikaos

Matt2e2 wrote:

Did you try turning it off from the Settings? osu! will use the default lighting sprite if there is none in your skin

I think I worded it wrong, I don't know how to describe it, if you could check out the skin just click one of the hit circles it isn't like any other skin I have ever used. It has no delay it just instantly pops out, that is the best way I can describe it
Matt2e2
Ah, my bad. This trick is called Fast Fading Hitcircles and it works by putting the whole hitcircle onto the number sprites.
Topic Starter
lokikaos

Matt2e2 wrote:

Ah, my bad. This trick is called Fast Fading Hitcircles and it works by putting the whole hitcircle onto the number sprites.

ahh, doesn't this make it easier to stream or is it just me?
Matt2e2

lokikaos1 wrote:

ahh, doesn't this make it easier to stream or is it just me?

Personally, I prefer the normal hitcircles -w-
RockRoller
It isn't just "put everything onto default images". The number images get downscaled by 0.8 or smt like that. You need to upscale your 256px canvas of HC and its overlay to 320 and tint the HC. Then you need to put everythin together and put HitCircleOverlay in the ini to 160. You will be limited to 1 combo colour with this.
Matt2e2

RockRoller wrote:

It isn't just "put everything onto default images". The number images get downscaled by 0.8 or smt like that. You need to upscale your 256px canvas of HC and its overlay to 320 and tint the HC. Then you need to put everythin together and put HitCircleOverlay in the ini to 160. You will be limited to 1 combo colour with this.

I'm no expert in this. I never made a skin that used these types of hitcircles :P
show more