forum

[resolved] Very Strange Issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Uncivilized
So, this issue has just recently began about a few hours ago and it seems to be persistent. I open osu and play a few maps, 10-15 then while scrolling through looking for another map to play, my game will freeze for 5-10 seconds, then unfreeze for 1 second then freeze again and it ends up breaking my entire computer. It makes everything load so much slower, I can't load google chrome, my discord slows down, even if I close osu after waiting 15 seconds to open task manager. The only way for me to get away from this issue is by turning my computer off and back on, this has never happened before and has started this morning. Has this happened to anyone else and can anyone help me fix this?

* I would also like to clarify my PC is decently strong so this should not be an issue whatsoever. *

Edit: Also, this only started happening after I changed my resolution to 1280x960 with letterbox, but changed it back, then this started happening.
Andrea
Did you do any changes before this issue happened? Make sure osu! is added into the exceptions of your anti-virus/firewall.

Make sure your Discord overlay is disabled. Also, have you tried running osu! alone without any other application opened to check if the issue persists?
Topic Starter
Uncivilized

Andrea wrote:

Did you do any changes before this issue happened? Make sure osu! is added into the exceptions of your anti-virus/firewall.

Make sure your Discord overlay is disabled. Also, have you tried running osu! alone without any other application opened to check if the issue persists?

I would like to let you know, that soon after, my GPU died and I went out to buy a new one, that's what was causing the problem. Lol.
Death
Yeah, that might do it. Guessing this is resolved then.
show more