forum

[invalid] Can't create new account or recover old one

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
foxrumor
My friend lost his really old Osu! account and has no idea what E-Mail he used and what the username was for the account. He decided that in order to get back into the game he would create a new account and start from scratch. The problem was, the game supplied him with an error when attempting to authenticate the account from within Osu!. The error stated, "A server-side error occurred". I, as a friend that wanted to get him into the multiplayer, decided to try and authenticate it on my computer. That account logged in, but it was restricted due to "account sharing". As it turns out, after E-Mailing the account support team and searching online, that "server side" error is commonly caused by his IP being flagged for multi accounting, but the only account he ever had was his long aged, missing account. Being that he can't ever get the old account back and is being left with nowhere to go, what should he do? I have resorted to asking the community because the Osu! accounts team doesn't seem to have an answer.
Death
Creating more than one account is against the rules.

Your friend should contact accounts@ppy.sh, account issues like this are handled through there, not on the forums, or anywhere else for that matter.
Topic Starter
foxrumor

Death wrote:

Creating more than one account is against the rules.

Your friend should contact accounts@ppy.sh, account issues like this are handled through there, not on the forums, or anywhere else for that matter.

Support didn't have an answer so I hoped that the community would. I know multiple accounts are against the rules and he would delete the other if he had the option. They asked him for imformation about the old account that he didn't have. He then E-Mailed them 3 times over the last 2 weeks and they didn't reply to any of them. One of those times he asked if they could use his IP to track the old account. They still didn't reply to that. The support team has given up.
Death
If support can't help them, no one here can.
show more