forum

Background Image/Video customization

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Bacon4Makin
I am so disappointed when I see a map like Panda Eyes Highscore with a background that everyone in the comments complains about, or one that becomes obsolete to players who like nice visuals because despite the map design being good the video/image is not in HD, pervy loved map backgrounds, and I could probably go on with other reasons. Yes, osu! players can replace the background image in the osu! folder, but doing this does NOT however, replace the thumbnail, please allow us to "edit" a beatmap/beatmap set to change these features to our liking, I beg you A great example of a fun beatmap with a background/thumbnail I don't want ruining my song lists: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/842412#osu/1764213
Dntm8kmeeatu
You can disable thumbnails in the options menu if you want. And It is possible to replace or regenerate the thumbnails, but I won't tell how, and that's something you will have to figure out as I don't suggest doing it.

Also we are not interested in implementing minor features into the Stable client, all work is focused on lazer. So this will most likely not be implemented any time soon or probably ever into the current client.

It's also such a minor thing, we disallow any backgrounds that wouldn't be appropriate for all ages already so if you can't handle a swimsuit here and there that's on you my dude. I can somewhat understand your argument, but honestly I suggest dealing with it. Life gets harder than this.
tatatat

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

You can disable thumbnails in the options menu if you want. And It is possible to replace or regenerate the thumbnails, but I won't tell how, and that's something you will have to figure out as I don't suggest doing it.

Also we are not interested in implementing minor features into the Stable client, all work is focused on lazer. So this will most likely not be implemented any time soon or probably ever into the current client.

It's also such a minor thing, we disallow any backgrounds that wouldn't be appropriate for all ages already so if you can't handle a swimsuit here and there that's on you my dude. I can somewhat understand your argument, but honestly I suggest dealing with it. Life gets harder than this.

Can I tell him how to change thumbnails? I know how!! C:
show more