forum

UNLIMITS - Haruka Kanata (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bokeru
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 1:31:04 PM

Artist: UNLIMITS
Title: Haruka Kanata (TV Size)
Source: BLEACH
Tags: Astronic schoolboy Nevo yShadowXOP_ ChuuritsuTv Entry BLEACH anime ending 28 japanese
BPM: 202
Filesize: 5061kb
Play Time: 01:27
Difficulties Available:
  1. Astrandit's Insane (4.67 stars, 354 notes)
  2. Astronic's Expert (5.29 stars, 382 notes)
  3. Entry's Hard (3.63 stars, 263 notes)
  4. Extra (5.62 stars, 352 notes)
  5. Nevo's Expert (5.41 stars, 317 notes)
  6. schoolboy's Extra (5.71 stars, 336 notes)
  7. SharitsuTv's Normal (2.43 stars, 182 notes)
Download: UNLIMITS - Haruka Kanata (TV Size)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
"You wanted revenge? You're just making other people as miserable as you. Revenge is just the path you took to escape your suffering."

Thank -Harpuia- for the banner and the maplog icons!

Ranked!

Since this is the first ranked map I have, here's a description of my mapping career!
In December of 2017, my osu! account was created. I had known about osu! since 2013, but I was reminded about it then from YouTube giving a video of some song being played in it from my recommended. I decided to finally get into the community, since at that point I heard about a game called Sonic Forces. I created a normal diff for the game's main game which lead me to make my first map. I created it and asked someone on osu! amino what their thoughts were and they told me to watch pishifat's videos on the mapping basics. I remapped it hoping it to be good but it was pretty bad. Sadly, my first half of my mapping career is all lost to the void after wiping a bunch of my graveyarded maps, so you can't play it sadly.

Soon, I began to come across a set of the song I was mapping. It was a short version, sure but I really wanted to try my hand at it. However, I was reluctant to do it and ended up never showing the GD to the set of the host. Who was the host? Joe Castle. I saw the large set before me as I decided to contact some of the mappers who were in the set, and one responded.

Yes, that's right, I knew -Harpuia- before he even had a ranked map!

He responded to a forum PM I sent him, but he never really came through with it, and after failing to find GD's on the map, It fell to the graveyard as I never mapped again for almost two months.

Soon, I picked up new songs and after 2018 came, I began mapping again, and during the summer, I was super active in the mapping community. I then realized that I hadn't really talked to Joe or Harpuia in a bit, so I began to conversate with them a bit more.

After all of that, we lead into the second variation of Fist Bump. Again, this was lost to the void, but this one was a bit more active, as I began to actively search for mods, which led me to the forums.

At this point I sent my map almost everywhere, and soon I was hit with a bunch of mods from a bunch of people. I responded and learned a lot about how mapping worked. Soon, though, after I couldn't find any people for GD's, it fell to the graveyard again. Sad, Right?

With the knowledge I had, I was lead to the the Beatmap Projects subforum, where people would ask for GD's in sets. After searching, I ended up finding a mapset which would actually become my first GD for the song Kaze Ga Fuku Machi, which you can actually find Here.

At this point, my energy was rekindled. I had found a new form of mapping that people decided for me, making choices easier for a person that didn't always search for new music actively, so everything was a lot easier.

Soon, I found out about the song Haruka Kanata. The Asian Kung-Fu Generation one. I was listening to it a LOT. Then, when I kept on seeing a map that wasn't the Haruka Kanata I knew, I realized it was the same song TITLE with two different songs, by two different bands. I began to listen to both of them on repeat, and since Asian's version was mapped and the Bleach version hadn't been mapped for over 5-6 years, I began to make my FIRST rendition of the set which you see here. It had a full set this time, but I lost motivation since I was getting mods but no one would rank it or anything.

At a certain point during the summer I had found a song from an anime I had heard about. It was My Hero Academia, with Aika's rendition of the third opening: Sora Ni Utaeba. I personally didn't like the gimmicky style of most of the difficulties, so with the mapping knowledge I had, I mapped the song, which you can find Here.

Sadly however, after a person on the set failed to finish his diff, it fell to the Graveyard.

At this point, I felt like GD's were straight up unreliable, so what I ended up doing was... Stupid and time consuming to say the least. I found out about the anime Black Clover by Sotarks' set of Black Rover. I heard the first opening and realized that it was a perfect chance, since there was no other ranked sets of the song. You can find the map here.

I mapped the song Haruka Mirai as a way to be able to respond to my mods on my own time all at once. I got over 100 mods from over like, 8 different people, but after asking bn's to nominate it, which none of who responded, I gave up on the mapset since after looking at it, I realized I had way more to go before continuing.

After doing a gd set that absolutely sucked and needs no mention, we come to the current set.

I mapped this back in September, however, this current version is actually a REMAPPED version of the REMAP set. Again, the old diff is lost to the void, but this version is a lot better, trust me.

I met a bunch of mappers who were actually really good, and soon, after establishing connections, some of them, like Astronic and Entry came onto the set.

So, how did Nevo come to be? Well, I was already trying to get him to gd on at least ONE SET, then when I showed him this he simply responded: "I was gonna map this already. I'll GD if you can get it ranked."

I was feeling lucky after he was able to do it, so I contacted another pretty pro mapper, Schoolboy, and although reluctantly, made a GD.

At this point, I was ECSTATIC to know pro mappers were on the set, and after getting mods from REFORM, I decided to step up my game and remap it. I mass posted to a bunch of modding queues as I immediately began the actually quite quick BN search.

I got Aika to mod it from a queue of his, while Noffy gave me the mods simply because she thought the set was cute.

And now here we are. A year and month of mapping, and my map is now going to be ranked. I know I missed a bunch of names and extra things, but to put it simply: I cannot be grateful enough to land where I am now. Without the mappers to support me, and new songs to hear, I wouldn't be at this point at all, nor would I have came back from my hiatus. Thank you so much to the supporters throughout this first major chunk of this journey, as it is nowhere near over. Thank you to the people who stuck with me.

I present my map as the first big stepping stone in mapping!

Difficulties

SharitsuTv's Normal by ChuuritsuTv & yShadowXOP_

Entry's Hard by Entry

Astrandit's Insane by Astronic & Xandit

Astronic's Expert by Astronic

Nevo's Expert by Nevo

Extra by Xandit

schoolboy's Extra by schoolboy

Hitsounds by Xandit

Metadata Box
just check the other map that was ranked of this song boi
Status Activity
Nominated by Noffy on Febuary 3, 2019 at 8:46 P.M (UTC-5)

Qualified by Ryuusei Aika on Febuary 4, 2019 at 10:10 P.M. (UTC-5)

Disqualified by Lanturn on Febuary 5, 2019 at 7:36 P.M. (UTC-5) [Reason: Mapper asked for DQ to address the pending mods for Hitsounds / Rhythm in Astronic's Diff.]

Nominated by Ryuusei Aika on Febuary 7, 2019 at 9:14 A.M. (UTC-5)

Nomination Reset by BanchoBot on Febuary 12, 2019 at 1:31 P.M. (UTC-5)

Nominated by Noffy on Febuary 12, 2019 at 7:36 P.M. (UTC-5)

Qualified by Ryuusei Aika on Febuary 15, 2019 at 10:17 A.M. (UTC-5)

Ranked on February 21, 2019 at 1:00 P.M(UTC-5)