forum

Iwao Junko - Yorokobi no Carol

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DJPop
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 25 ธันวาคม 2551 at 11:18:20

Artist: Iwao Junko
Title: Yorokobi no Carol
Source: Card Captor Sakura
Tags: yorokobi no carol kyaroru card captor sakura iwao junko daidouji tomoyo
BPM: 90.09
Filesize: 8390kb
Play Time: 03:20
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.7 stars, 464 notes)
  2. Normal (1.65 stars, 221 notes)
Download: Iwao Junko - Yorokobi no Carol
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
10th beatmap.

~~~ MERRY CHRISTMAS ~~~

Let's enjoy this cute christmas song from Daidouji Tomoyo (CV: Iwao Junko) in Card Captor Sakura.

=D

As you see, this topic is posted on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:00 am :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT 25/12/08:
- Distance fixed.
Dakeyrus
Most of this map checks out, but there is one problem spot I'd like to point out:

(Hard)
00:58:390 - 4,5,6 - The timing and placement of these notes are very awkward, and you've done this a couple time throughout the map so I'd have to guess it was intentional? Not quite sure what you were trying to do.

Other than that spot and all the spots identical to it, this map is done very well. Fix those up, and I'll bubble.
Topic Starter
DJPop

Dakeyrus wrote:

Most of this map checks out, but there is one problem spot I'd like to point out:

(Hard)
00:58:390 - 4,5,6 - The timing and placement of these notes are very awkward, and you've done this a couple time throughout the map so I'd have to guess it was intentional? Not quite sure what you were trying to do.

Other than that spot and all the spots identical to it, this map is done very well. Fix those up, and I'll bubble.
They're the most place that sync to her vocal. It's what I found when listened to that part repeatedly with 50% & 25% speed.
Dakeyrus
Run it by peppy then for sure, he was second guessing it too. If he finds it's ok, so do I, but when I asked him he wanted it fixed :/

Good job though, dude.
peppy
The only thing is the spacing on those 3 notes DJPop - i reckon you should use distance spacing without grid snap to make it obvious they have a weird timing. But its your call..
Topic Starter
DJPop
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Ranked :D
GladiOol
Offset 10ms later?
Because I used that offset thingy in the options menu and put it 10ms later.
And now I'm #1 on the beatmap.
Card N'FoRcE
Sorry, but in my opinion this map has many other things to fix.
Timing goes early after the second break (the "Merry Christmas" one) and i don't understand why you didn't use inheriting (since they forced me to use it in a map) and made some timing sections which i don't get the meaning of.

Then i don't get spacings like this 00:22:53 (3,4,5) when after a bit they change in something like 00:35:52 (1,2,3,4,5,6) and 00:43:51 (1,2,3) (and there are lots more)
00:52:39 (2,3,4) - why you made them that way? I think it's better to use BPM: 180,18 Offset: 52.426 and 1/6 beat snap
01:51:67 (5,6,7) - ???
02:45:61 (3,4,5) - same as 00:52:39 (2,3,4)
02:51:61 (5,6) - - ok, i found about 4 of these patterns now: i still can't get them, but oh well maybe it's just me
02:55:38 (1) - and i found many of these, but i still can't get them

So, I know i'm not a BAT or whatever, but i can't be quiet after this (yes, i'm a spacing nazi).
peppy

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

Timing goes early after the second break (the "Merry Christmas" one) and i don't understand why you didn't use inheriting (since they forced me to use it in a map) and made some timing sections which i don't get the meaning of.
I didn't check this before ranking, but did point it out to DJPop and assumed he fixed it -.-. My bad. I have adjusted the online offset by 5ms, which seems to do well overall.

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

Then i don't get spacings like this 00:22:53 (3,4,5) when after a bit they change in something like 00:35:52 (1,2,3,4,5,6) and 00:43:51 (1,2,3) (and there are lots more)
I don't think this is an error. Yes its a bit tricky, but this is a Hard difficulty after all. The only things that make this map hard is some precise timings.

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

00:52:39 (2,3,4) - why you made them that way? I think it's better to use BPM: 180,18 Offset: 52.426 and 1/6 beat snap
02:45:61 (3,4,5) - same as 00:52:39 (2,3,4)
Listen at 50%. This sounds and plays fine.

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

01:51:67 (5,6,7) - ???
This was an oversight and should have been respaced. I don't think its worth an unrank to fix though (I know two of my maps have such spacing errors and almost noone has spotted it..)

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

02:55:38 (1) - and i found many of these, but i still can't get them
Try again :).
Topic Starter
DJPop
FAIL BEATMAP !!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
FurukawaPan
Don't cry DJPop. The beatmap was 95% perfect! and it got +3 bonus points for being an adorably cute song! <3

You got 98% on this Beatmap. That makes this a PASS beatmap. :P

The 95% good part was every section that followed the musical rhythm and the clapping. It was very lively and made me happy to play. :)

The 5% bad was when you placed a few awkward beats (described above already). These felt sluggish and took the energy out of playing.

So there you have it. In short, please map more cute songs such as this one. ;)