forum

e-ZUKA - Assailant in the Night

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Saten
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on den 6 juli 2014 at 22:01:51

Artist: e-ZUKA
Title: Assailant in the Night
Source: NEEDLESS
Tags: Saten-san
BPM: 294
Filesize: 6797kb
Play Time: 03:39
Difficulties Available:
  1. Fragrance (5,62 stars, 1032 notes)
  2. Hard (2,87 stars, 50 notes)
  3. Power (4,71 stars, 857 notes)
  4. Speed (6,05 stars, 1145 notes)
Download: e-ZUKA - Assailant in the Night
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Pretty Girl Squad!
Speed - Done
Fragrance - Done
Power - Done
Hard - wip
Suimya
yayyyyyy \o/

NEEDLESSSS

GOGOGO SATEN <333
Tom69_old
Such an awesome map. Fav'd. :>
Zare
Goddamn sorry for making u wait. I didn't forget.
Here my small mod, feel free to ignore suggestions. I actually think the map is okay the way it is now, not many things that I could find.

[General]
First of all, I agree with theowest, I don't see an actual reason for the skin. If u want to keep it though, please make the hitbursts smaller. They cover like half of the screen, making it impossible to see the circles, especially in the stream parts.

[Power]
00:05:063 (3,4) - I think the spacing is weird for those. I didn't notice ingame tho, so it should be fine.
00:28:125 (1) - The repeat should be an 1/4 beat later to fit the music. Also, the slider looks weird to me, give it another shape?
01:07:308 (1) - Again I dislike the shape.
01:20:369 (1) - Make it look better?
02:06:084 (1) - the repeat doesn't really fit, delete it and make the slider longer, so it ends on 02:08:329 -

Also. I really think the high spacing during the streams should be reduced. It works fine for the short streams at the beginning and the end, but for the long streams, especially during the 3rd kiai it's totally overkill. This is the easiest diff, don't make it harder than it needs to be.

[Fragrance]
00:12:614 (1,2,3,4) - this applies to all of the times u added this jump pattern, I kinda find it hard to read but I don't really know how to make it better without removing the jump entirely.
02:04:451 - From here on to 02:15:676 - it seems to be a bit easy. u had a break before, so I think u can increase the spacing of the jumps during this time a bit

Overall, the diff is full with changes of direction, at 02:31:390 (3,4,5,6) - for example. the song has 294 BPM, you have to think really fast to get the patterns, and that many changes of how u need to move the cursor even increases this difficulty. This isn't bad, don't get me wrong, it's just the way u map, and it fits the song pretty well, I just think this way u can't build up a constant flow in your map.

[Speed]
what. the. fuck.

00:09:349 (1,1,1) - (probably) hard to read and seems weird to play, moving the cursor down after going up for the previous slider. Same aplies to the other times u did that. Also, are the NC's needed?
00:10:982 (1,1,1) - if u deleted the NC's on the previous sliders, the same for here.
02:06:084 (1) - doesn't look too good :/

God, I can't analyse anything flow-related in this diff, it's just too fast xD

Sorry for poor mod orz
Topic Starter
Saten
I'm already aware of that, thank you.
The reason why I wont make it smaller is because it's not even my skin. I don't edit others skin.
I find this skin better than the default one.
I might remove it or make my own skin (if even possible)

As for the slider shapes. I don't know how to make them better
Also, every diff are supposed to be challenging in a way or other

Also the jump patterns are readable if you go by flow instead
You mentioned that after the break was a bit easy. Increasing the spacing wont really change much imo
IMO direction changing patterns are much more easier than other patterns such as 00:11:900 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - or 00:52:818 (2,3,4) - or 02:32:206 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - etc

Thanks for modding btw~♪
JappyBabes

awesome
thelewa
the Speed diff might be the best map ever made
Michi

dat combo

and dat acc D:

Replay
Rizumu Tenshi
Get some mods already, map feels like it's ignored!

Few notes:
02:06:084 (1) - Make this a big spiral without the reverse arrow, because there's no note in the foreground except when you hit the circle.
02:51:798 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - How is this possible to SIGHTREAD...

That first issue bothers me... And this map can no longer be approved, unless you want it to be approved, because of the new rules. You're gonna have to make an Easy, Normal and a Hard to rank it.
Topic Starter
Saten

Baka Tenshi wrote:

Get some mods already, map feels like it's ignored!

Few notes:
02:06:084 (1) - Make this a big spiral without the reverse arrow, because there's no note in the foreground except when you hit the circle. I would if I knew how to do that
02:51:798 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - How is this possible to SIGHTREAD... it is, just like my other similar stuff

That first issue bothers me... And this map can no longer be approved, unless you want it to be approved, because of the new rules. You're gonna have to make an Easy, Normal and a Hard to rank it.
If you think your map is challenging in a special way (as per the previous "approved" category) please approach a BAT about special treatment
I don't wanna make more diffs either. 3 diffs fit so well for the Pretty Girl Squad which consists of 3 members originally.
Rizumu Tenshi

Saten wrote:

3 diffs fit so well for the Pretty Girl Squad which consists of 3 members originally.
Hmmm... I get why you want to make no more diffs. I don't know what to say but, good luck on approving this. ;)
Zare

Saten wrote:

If you think your map is challenging in a special way (as per the previous "approved" category) please approach a BAT about special treatment
Let me just remind you that this statement is pretty much outdated. Unless your SB changes gameplay completely, like Osuka does, you will need to go for ranked
DenoisoGoiso
this is will be crazy if ranked. wow
but it's can't go approval with 3 mins ;w; damn rules
izzydemon
oh god yes
Kaguya Hourain
Oh dear Saten goin' crazy!
Hot Loli
hard diff? wow :D but u sad, that u won't make 4 diff o_O
Rizumu Tenshi
Sadly, he is obliged to have more diffs, and there's no way an Easy is possible with Speed and how it looks...(and maybe also Normal)
Infeh
Speed diff is so good :3
Unusual-bot
no more update? so sad
VoRTeX_WeTSaH
Why is this map still in pending? :cry: Time to get approved! :x