forum

Lupe Fiasco feat. Matthew Santos - Fighters

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Detective Tuesday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Detective Tuesday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Detective Tuesday
DawnII
Topic Starter
Detective Tuesday
Thanks for addressing the spacing issue; I hadn't noticed that the kind of grid form my map was taking could be misleading, but since you mentioned it, I went ahead and did a major revision on the entire form. Also fixed those smaller changes in the easier difficulties, and as you said some of them applied to other maps as well. I didn't place any spinners, as my own stubborn preference wouldn't allow it >>.

Please review this once more if you get a chance ^^.
DawnII
Topic Starter
Detective Tuesday
Whoops... Fix'd, dunno how I forgot that one =P.
foulcoon
I remember seeing this a while back and thinking it was pretty good. Most of the spacing issues are already addressed so I have a little issue to point out.

DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN RATEEEE

DUDE! In normal its set to minimum, in Hard it's below half, and Insane its MAX! SERIOUSLY!?!?!

Please throw it to like half on Normal, or some reasonable spot.

[Hard]
Increase both drain and overall difficulty, this is HARD.... not SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW. The song is tedious and repetitive enough.

[Insane]
LOWER THE DRAIN! The patterns of 25 hitcircles in a row going every which-diagonal-ways is confusing. Missing a few notes screws the player into oblivion. Lowering it 2 ticks keeps the score where its at (if you care) and still is rough enough to call insane.

Basically what I'm getting at is that I hope you did this on purpose to lower score or something. The map is looking good, I just realized in play-through when I messed up and the hp bar exploded.
Topic Starter
Detective Tuesday

Download: Globus - Europa (Instrumental) (Magicphoenix) [Sweden].osu
Yuukari-Banteki
Topic Starter
Detective Tuesday
Wow, I'm not sure how I didn't notice the quietness of the hitsounds o_o. I guess way back when I increased them for Insane, I assumed they carried over to the other modes.

I've taken pretty much all of your stacking suggestions in Normal. You have an eye for the small details, indeed ^^. I would have never noticed some of those.

In Hard mode I redid that little phrase at 2:39... It was weird either way >>.

As for you new combo suggestions, I took some and left some. When dividing up combos, I try to have a sense for the flow of the phrases as well as the lyrics themselves. Best example would probably be 2:34 - If written, one would assume that "all of us sinners" would fall in parenthesis, and that the entirety of this combo is one phrase. The flow here insists this.

A counter-example would be at 2:51 (thanks for pointing it out on Normal... I actually overlooked it ^_-) - "congrats on your new baby daughter. I tip my hat...". So basically, different phrases = different combos. It's just a little guideline, I'm still going through to see which can be changed and which can't, and a couple have been changed to reflect your feedback.

As far as changing a couple of parts so that the notes would fall on slider ends as opposed to a note's distance away, well that seem like more of a preference thing... So sorry, I'm gonna be stubborn with those =P.

Anyway, thanks tons for looking it over, mega kudos your way ^^.
Aeon
hello! i only modded normal because i have to go to sleep but ill finish tomorow

here

[Normal]

00:49:262 feel like anote is missing here
00:49:477 ^
01:40:905 ^
01:41:119 ^
01:42:619 ^
01:42:833 ^
01:47:548(5) turn into a slider to end at 01:47:762
01:49:476 note missing
01:51:190 ^
01:51:405 ^
01:52:690 ^
01:53:119 ^
02:06:619 ^
02:07:690 ^
02:15:190 ^
02:34:242 ^
02:34:690 ^
02:39:833 ^
02:40:050 ^
02:50:333 ^
03:04:690 ^
03:06:618 ^
03:08:333 ^
03:08:023 ^

side comment: this dificulty is too easy to be a normal tomorow ill post some ways of making it a little harder

i leave you with this for now

cya!
Topic Starter
Detective Tuesday

Aeon wrote:

01:47:548(5) turn into a slider to end at 01:47:762!
I really like this ^_^. Thanks for the suggestion.

Aeon wrote:

side comment: this dificulty is too easy to be a normal tomorow ill post some ways of making it a little harder
Indeed, it is pretty easy for a Normal chart, but it's at least qualified by Inis standards (I know, Osu! isn't Inis but...). I did add a bunch of notes that you suggested, not all of them though. Bare in mind that this is pretty much a watered down version of the Hard mode chart, so several non-emphasized passing notes were omitted. That said, Normal was pretty bland so I value several of your suggestions. The product has been updated to reflect them.

Kudos, kudos =P
whymeman
(I'll try as best as I can to check for any possiable or noticable errors. Sorry in advance if I miss any.)

Normal

00:14:76 (3) - *Light to very small uneven connection with the other slider.
01:06:19 (3) - ^
01:46:90 (4) - ^
02:04:47 (3) - ^
02:16:26 (6) - ^
02:31:26 (1) - ^
02:43:04 (5) - ^
02:44:97 (3) - ^
02:54:19 (1) - ^
02:56:54 (5) - ^ (This one might be okay though but the way it meets the previous slider is uneven)
02:59:33 *(3) - ^ (**his one is more noticable)
03:02:76 *(3) - ^
03:11:11 (6) - ^

00:25:47 (1,2) - *lightly sticking out from the end point of the slider.
00:49:47 (4,5) - ^
02:52:69 (3,4,5,6) - ^

01:52:26 (7) - It kinda stands out from (6) and (8) because looks a bit slanted. Try to strighten it out a bit.

02:22:26 (3) - Slightly uneven stack

[Hard]

*Has the same errors like [Normal].

[Insane]

"Who Stole my HP? D:" - The high HP Drain + Low Silder ticks + Long silders = *Bad Comination

*Auto Play seems to lie about the acually HP drain as I tested the beatmap. It seems to pause the HP at the sliders and then when i'm acually playing it, its draining away like a leaky gas tank. :o

00:57:19 (1)~(19) - That's one large combo :o Maybe if you start a new combo with 00:58:47 (7) ? (Depends since it does match well with that row of lyrics unless someone else compains.....)

01:49:47 (1)~(20) - Another large combo, maybe you can start from 01:52:69 (13)? (Depends on what others would say about it but if its not a problem then its okay.)

02:31:26 (1)~(28) - This one is even MORE longer then the other two :o :o (Then again, it depends on what everyone else says...)

**Side Note**

I know the listing of errors my seem weird, bit I try to put the same problems in one place and seperate from the others.

*For the slight uneveness, i'm not trying to pick on it. I'm just pointing it just in case someone else gets really picky about it. Also, there may be a few more parts on beatmap that is almost unnoticable with small uneven errors besides those listed.Also, the BPM + Offset sounds fine to me. :)

Overall, You did a good job at least and the beatmap skin for the hit notes are interesting. Just needs some adjustments and fixes then it should be fine. I'll give you a star for effort :)
Aeon

Detective Tuesday wrote:

Aeon wrote:

01:47:548(5) turn into a slider to end at 01:47:762!
I really like this ^_^. Thanks for the suggestion.

Aeon wrote:

Indeed, it is pretty easy for a Normal chart, but it's at least qualified by Inis standards (I know, Osu! isn't Inis but...). I did add a bunch of notes that you suggested, not all of them though. Bare in mind that this is pretty much a watered down version of the Hard mode chart, so several non-emphasized passing notes were omitted. That said, Normal was pretty bland so I value several of your suggestions. The product has been updated to reflect them.

Kudos, kudos =P
well i didnt play hard yet so i did the best i could to make it sound good... however its your final decision to add them or not :) glad i could be of help, after i finish moding the rest of the dificilties ill decide if this deserves a star ( probably yes)

see you !
Aeon
here here i am again

[normal]

turn this dificulty into easy, and increase circle size.... would also need a few note placement adjustments for that
if you want to keep it normal you have to change overall dificulty and decrease the ammount of repeating sliders... also stacking notes

[hard]

turn into normal, increae overall dificilty and hp drain rate(maybe), also reduce the ammount of stacking notes and repeating sliders

to keep hard you would need to increase all points, make the note positioning not so straight forward....(making note puzzles and play arround with sliders and note swicthing back and forward between them) also increase slider speed
[insane]

well turn it into hard as this has nothing of "insane" on it, decrease the circle size, increase hp drain rate, also increase overall dificulty, increase slider speed

to keep as insane it would need to suffer heavy modifications to all the above points and also note positioning in the stage

well this is my opinion... relect on it a bit

Final Thoughts

nice skin... note positioning is too much stragiht forward in some dificulties but also nice patterns in notes/sliders
wont star this now as its too easy to pass and you gain too much score from it

needs work! but you are in the right track, ill keep following this map and post more corrections/suggestions

cya!
Topic Starter
Detective Tuesday

Aeon wrote:

Final Thoughts

nice skin... note positioning is too much stragiht forward in some dificulties but also nice patterns in notes/sliders
wont star this now as its too easy to pass and you gain too much score from it

needs work! but you are in the right track, ill keep following this map and post more corrections/suggestions

cya!
I respect your feedback, however it is fact that I've played several Insane charts which were easier than this one, while still rewarding a decent product of points (Time to Pretend comes to mind first). Also, your song setup suggestions were my original settings; I had higher health drain and what-not, but people actually suggested that they be lowered because they were too extreme paired with the low tick-rate and long slides.

whymeman wrote:

*For the slight uneveness, i'm not trying to pick on it. I'm just pointing it just in case someone else gets really picky about it. Also, there may be a few more parts on beatmap that is almost unnoticable with small uneven errors besides those listed.Also, the BPM + Offset sounds fine to me. :)
It's good to look out for people like SFG =P. I kid, I kid! Thanks for your suggestions, I addressed all of them in Normal and Hard. Like you said, the changes in Insane depend on a larger consensus; I'm more than willing to take them into consideration if they become uniform suggestions/complaints... As for right now, I'm trying to be a little stubborn with Insane mode =P. Thanks tons for your suggestions, you were certainly very thorough... Kudos!
Yuukari-Banteki
[Normal]
00:34:26 (2) - this might sound better if it ended 1/2 later
01:29:11 (2) - or maybe 1/2 earlier? I'm not sure which would sound better, just that it sounds bad as is
02:18:83 (3) - could use a hitsound imo
02:20:54 (3) - ^
02:23:97 (2) - you should know what I don't like about this :P its only the third iteration
02:59:97 (4) - oops this isnt quite stacked under 3
03:13:69 (3) - hitsound?
03:15:40 (3) - ^
03:18:83 (2) - iteration # 4 XD
this map could use some more hitsounds throughout imo

[Hard]
00:34:26 (2) - iteration #5
01:19:26 (3) - the spacing seems off here?
01:29:11 (2) - iteration #6
02:23:97 (2) - iteration #7
03:18:83 (2) - iteration #8
needs more hitsounds

[Insane]
00:16:69 (1) - this isnt quite stacked right
00:34:26 (2) - iteration #9
00:55:04 (7) - move this farther from 6 and closer to 1 :P
00:58:90 (9) - new combo
01:11:54 (1) - imperfect stacking~
01:29:11 (2) - iteration #10
01:47:54 (9) - new combo
01:52:69 (13) - new combo
02:23:97 (2) - iteration #11
02:32:97 (8) - new combo
02:35:76 (21) - ^
02:39:61 (10) - ^
02:43:04 (9) - ^
02:46:47 (5) - ^?
02:49:47 (9) - ^
03:02:76 (5) - hitsound?
03:18:83 (2) - iteration #12
again this map could use more hitsounds
Yuukari-Banteki
Topic Starter
Detective Tuesday
Thanks again for your help. I went ahead and fixed most of the issues in slider flow. The only thing I didn't fix was the sliders behind sliders thing; as it stands, it sets up too much to moved completely. I probably could have found a way around this issue, but I also wanted to keep up the whole circular flow in that phrase.

Also, as hard as I tried to hear the long note your way (I experimented lots myself), I just couldn't. I can't side with you on this change, so sorry ;;. Either way, I went ahead with almost all of your latest suggestions, so I hope the map is more to your(and everyone's) liking.

Kudos, kudos.
show more