forum

J.P. ROOM - Da Ban Odori (Now with Normal-Mode!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fox
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Mittwoch, 14. November 2007 at 16:30:20

Artist: J.P. ROOM
Title: Da Ban Odori
BPM: 120
Filesize: 3736kb
Play Time: 01:29
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (1,28 stars, 74 notes)
  2. Hard (4,08 stars, 152 notes)
  3. Insane!! (5 stars, 152 notes)
Download: J.P. ROOM - Da Ban Odori
---------------
My second beatmap! This time, it took me a whole lot more time to finish it, but since it was a good song to use, it didn't take too long, really.

Beginners should probably refrain from trying this song as one of their firsts. The power-bar goes down pretty rapid, making it very necessary to get as much beats as possible, and the song goes very fast, too.

The song is one of my favourites from the beat-and-rhythm-game "Rhythm Tengoku" for Game Boy Advance. Since I don't know who really made it, I just guess it was made by J.P. ROOM as well.

The beatmap comes with a background.
---

NEW UPDATE: Made some fixes, thanks to eyup again, and added "Insane!!" as a difficulty, which is like "Hard", only with a more cruel life-bar, smaller notes and some slight modifications (like some breaks were taken out - exciting. ;D )

OLD UPDATE: I fixed the timing of the double-beats and made some other fixes, as eyup suggested (thanks!) and also made it easier in general (the life-bar won't drain so fast now).

Furthermore, I added an easier "Normal"-mode, so you get used to the song!
---
Hope you guys will enjoy it! It's fun, really. ;D
eyup
Pretty nice! Change the BPM to 120 flat, because even though 120.02 is very close, towards the end you can hear the metronome ticking too early. Resnap beats at 1/4 beat divisor.

Also, I believe ALL of the quick double-clicks you have are slightly off. The first of the two notes should be 1/8 of a beat earlier (set your beat divisor to 1/8 and drag it one tick to the left). There are a lot of these double-taps so I guess you'll have to be patient and change them all... but if it's fixed I think it's ready for ranking!

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention. You should make an easier version as well. Life drain is pretty evil :twisted:
Topic Starter
Fox

eyup wrote:

Pretty nice! Change the BPM to 120 flat, because even though 120.02 is very close, towards the end you can hear the metronome ticking too early. Resnap beats at 1/4 beat divisor.

Also, I believe ALL of the quick double-clicks you have are slightly off. The first of the two notes should be 1/8 of a beat earlier (set your beat divisor to 1/8 and drag it one tick to the left). There are a lot of these double-taps so I guess you'll have to be patient and change them all... but if it's fixed I think it's ready for ranking!

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention. You should make an easier version as well. Life drain is pretty evil :twisted:
All done. 8D It's really easier and more fun now. Really have no idea how I could over-see the problem with the double-beats... thanks a lot, eyup. :D

I also made a normal-mode.
eyup
Looks pretty good now! In Normal at 0:37.63, that slider has a nasty tick at the end - you should adjust the length so this doesn't happen. Same for the slider at 0:50.13.

Also, should have said this earlier but in Hard at 0:30.13, that sequence of green sliders looks a bit messy because of the stacking. Maybe move sliders 3 and 4 down a little bit?

Pretty easy fixes, other than that I think it's ready for ranking! Great work Fox :D
Topic Starter
Fox
Edit: Nevermind the blue text, I fixed it. All is well now. ;D

I fixed all the things you told me and added "Insane!!", which is like "Hard", only with some modifications. Also fixed the things there which you said about "Hard". Thanks for everything. 8D!

Nevermind this:

... aw, crap, what's this.

I started an Easy-mode but gave up on it as I thought it was pointless. Then I deleted it in the music-folder (while the game was running which was probably stupid). However, osu! still displayed it along with the other difficulties. I tried to move all files to a new folder but "Easy" is still there!

And whenever I try to upload it, it still shows "Easy" in the topic, as you can see. And I just can't change it... D:

What do I do?
Extor
Really good beatmaps. I'm not a fan of those insane modes but I'm happy with hard and normal. I approve this one.

This one get's my approval. =D
eyup
Nice work on these. One last thing - you forgot to add a break at the very end of the Insane version. Not that anyone will ever last that long, but just for completeness's sake...

Will go straight to rankings after this is done!

EDIT: Well it is in Ranked forum, but that's only because I'm an idiot and pressed the wrong button. It's not actually ranked yet :D
Topic Starter
Fox

eyup wrote:

Nice work on these. One last thing - you forgot to add a break at the very end of the Insane version. Not that anyone will ever last that long, but just for completeness's sake...

Will go straight to rankings after this is done!

EDIT: Well it is in Ranked forum, but that's only because I'm an idiot and pressed the wrong button. It's not actually ranked yet :D
Oh, I did that on purpose, so that you will eagerly await the last beat to survive. 8D
eyup
LOL u evil bastard :mrgreen: Ranked!
Rod_old
DON DON, PAN PAN, DON-DON PAN-PAN

OMFG, I am SO downloading this ASAP. \o/ \o/ \o/
Rod_old
S-Ranked Normal Mode. Does that gives me a medal? :3
lol

Oh, and btw:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bon_Festival

It'n Bon Odori, not "Ban Odori". ._.
I guess "Ban Odori" would be something like a forum mod's festival