forum

Jamiroquai - Soul Education

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K-S-O
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, November 17, 2007 at 12:55:28 PM

Artist: Jamiroquai
Title: Soul Education
BPM: 114.09
Filesize: 0kb
Play Time: 02:41
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.97 stars, 240 notes)
  2. Hard (4.58 stars, 390 notes)
Download: Jamiroquai - Soul Education
---------------
This was a hard one to map out. Just glad it is finally done.

So here are my maps for "Soul Education" by Jamiroquai, the guy who brought you "Canned Heat" from EBA. Thought this would be a good song for Osu! Hope you enjoy!

Includes Normal and Hard difficulties.
eyup
Fabulous work! Really brought back memories of Canned Heat (my fav from EBA). Timing is perfect, and the beat map is very well made indeed! Only a few minor things I'd change:

1. In Normal, at 3:21.90, the red 2 3 and the yellow 1 2 have the same spacing which is a bit misleading because the yellow beats are half-beats and the red ones are whole beats. Could you maybe reduce the spacing on the yellow ones? The exact same thing happens in Hard mode, too - should fix that.
  2. In Hard at 0:21.78, the blue beats are out of time by about 1/8. The next two red ones are as well.
  3. Hard, slider length at 1:05.96 sounds too short to me. Same with slider at 1:35.01.
  4. Hard again, 1:13.06 - slider and beat combo sounds off to me, I'm not sure what you're trying to sync the beats to.
  5. Hard, 1:36.86. Those beats (2 to 6) sound 1/8 out as well.
  6. Hard, 1:46.72 - that slider is 1/2 a beat too early. Move it back to the red tick.
  7. Hard, 2:26.55. Slider sounds off (but not sure why). Can you have a play with it?
It probably looks like a lot, but these are all pretty minor issues. The beatmap is awesome! Good luck with it!
LuigiHann
I still think of this as Gendo's theme song. Great beatmap, though.
Topic Starter
K-S-O
Okay, I made the changes over the issues pointed out by eyup's post. Hope it's a little better.
Extor
And it is. I don't see any problems with it. Congrats.
eyup
Seems I missed a couple of little things in my first play through of Hard. I thought what the heck, I'll fix em myself. Attached the .osu file, see if you approve. If there's nothing wrong with it, let me know and I'll rank this one - it's awesome :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot. If you approve of the new Hard version, can you please re-upload it so everything is up to date? Thanks!

Download: Jamiroquai - Soul Education (K-S-O) [Hard].osu
Topic Starter
K-S-O
The new Hard version is pretty good. I uploaded it into the osz so it's more current now.
eyup
Sorry this has slipped down the list! Just checked through the newest version, seems really good! If another mod approves, we can rank this :D
peppy
Approved. This feels like a real ouendan/EBA level :). Good job.
kperep
Nice map, i love it! =)