forum

osu! Release (20120904/05)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Adds the ability to skin the main menu background (supporters only) and taiko widescreen support, amongst many bug fixes. Read on for further details.

Regarding main menu backgrounds (Discussion here):

UPDATE: You can now set a background by dragging an image file into the osu! window while at the main menu .

Please note this feature is only be available to supporters. I know many may not agree with this, but I find it a perfect example of a way to thank those who support this game – which I am always looking to do – without having any effect on gameplay.

Add the file menu-background.jpg to your skin. It scales based on height first, then width if it cannot fill up the whole screen. The optimal resolution is 1366x768, supporting all widescreen resolutions. You *can* use higher than this, but please refrain from going higher than 1600x on publicly distributed skins, as it will impact performance of menu loading on lower-end machines.

Regarding taiko widescreen support:

Tested as much as I could, but there may still be minor issues. For those who believe this causes an imbalance, please use widescreen mode while playing (even if you need to run windowed). The taiko play-bar has always been too limited, and this is not just a visual fix but a balance fix too. If for any reason you are unable to use widescreen, please voice your opinion.

I'm trying to knock off a few of the top requested features now that I have finally got through my back-list of bugs and fixes. Expect more awesome :).
Horo
Oh my god thank you so much, these are both so great.
Miya
Wow, i'm really waiting for this feature of background. Nice work xD
Luna
I approve ;D
ueshu
wow great !
[Zappy]
Wow! This is really great! :)
Fai-Chii

Miya wrote:

Wow, i'm really waiting for this feature of background. Nice work xD
^
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
First page (?
flow
Amazing. Was waiting a long time for this!

Thanks peppy.
Cristian
This is with all my NNNNHHHHHHGGGGGG.
My body is more ready now.
EDIT: and oh, don't forget about this t/85607 would really appreciated, for more awesomenes.
Ty if you do that.
Topic Starter
peppy
That one is on my list, but requires a bit of optimisation first.
Scorpiour
it's great ! thanx ppy =v=

and i got another idea: could osu allow menu-background changes in-game automatically depends on which map is playing? that is, use mapsets' background as menu-background and switch them like some other players do.
markchantal
wow its amazing!!
like like like :D
UnderminE
Oh god best update ever. Thank you
mintong89
it a good update for taiko... :D :D :D

thanks peppy :) :) :)
Shirotaku
Can't believe this day have come xDDD
Thanks a lot peppy :D
zeroclover

peppy wrote:

Add the file menu-background.jpg to your skin. It scales based on height first, then width if it cannot fill up the whole screen. The optimal resolution is 1366x768, supporting all widescreen resolutions. You *can* use higher than this, but please refrain from going higher than 1600x on publicly distributed skins, as it will impact performance of menu loading on lower-end machines.
LOL

btw, nice work peppy
but it still silly to look osu icon bg is pink when i used black menu background -,-
Aoko
Thank you very much for approving these requests and for the bug fixes peppy! Thank you <'3
*w* Keep up the good work.
Bittersweet

zeroclover wrote:

but it still silly to look osu icon bg is pink when i used black menu background -,-
What are you talking about, it looks awesome this way xD

Nice one, peppy~
Jordan

Cool. Nice update
show more