forum

Jonathan Coulton - Mandelbrot Set

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Manabeast
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, November 26, 2007 at 3:16:18 PM

Artist: Jonathan Coulton
Title: Mandelbrot Set
BPM: 160
Filesize: 6451kb
Play Time: 01:52
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.91 stars, 157 notes)
  2. Normal (4.44 stars, 548 notes)
Download: Jonathan Coulton - Mandelbrot Set
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Well. I love me some Jo-Co, so I decided to do this wonderful mathematical song by him.

Easy is only to the first chorus, because it's easy. Normal is the full song. Maybe I should name it hard? It's like, Normard.

Anywhoo, enjoy.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Manabeast
Well, I had 160 when I started the file, but it felt off at the end. 159.99 felt better to me, but after checking 160 again, I approve. I'm trying to upload the file now, but the thing keeps on giving me errors. ::Shakes his fist::
Echo
One more thing: at offset=300 the beats seem to be rushing ever so slightly for me. Try something like offset=326 and see if that feels better for you.
Topic Starter
Manabeast
Fiddled with the offset, and I think you're right, Echo, it sounds better at 326. Changed and re-uploaded.
Extor
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Manabeast
I just got bored of curves. If you want me to change it, say the word, All that matters is the general shape, anyway.
eyup
I agree with Extor, the last slider looks really out of place :P But otherwise I can't fault the map - congrats! After you fix up the slider I'll rank this!
Topic Starter
Manabeast
Alrighty, changed that last slider.
Nintendonick4
You get points first of all for the fine beatmap, second for the Jonathan Coulton, and lastly for choosing the math-related song. Fine work, you! *salutes*
Impossible_old
Great map, but I think the HP Drain on Normal is too high. Normally it would be fine, but there are massive gaps between lines in the verse, and the HP going down there means you're pretty much constantly recovering. It might benefit from having a slightly lower drain.
Ivalset
The beatmap is great. I have to play it at least once a day.