forum

A. Tanaka, M. Matsuda - Ooparts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 6:03:37 PM

Artist: A. Tanaka, M. Matsuda
Title: Ooparts
Source: TWEWY OST
Tags: TWEWY
BPM: 130
Filesize: 6661kb
Play Time: 03:15
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (3.61 stars, 244 notes)
  2. Hard (4.94 stars, 412 notes)
  3. Normal (4.55 stars, 321 notes)
  4. Ultimate (4.92 stars, 454 notes)
Download: A. Tanaka, M. Matsuda - Ooparts
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Request map ages ago from Two. I had everything done except for half of Ultimate for about three months; I finally decided to finish it off and fix up the sounds to it.

May 7th, some edits. Changed some things around so that I like it more.

May 10th, moved one note up a grid snap on Easy. Don't even bother lookin' for it, eh?

May 12th, tiny edit, and oh my gawd stumbled across an ensemble of storyboard-related bugs.

July 12th, SB bug fixed, SB revised to reflect changes, should be all good now.
Skyripper
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Yuukari-Banteki
[Easy]
nice storyboard~
the hit volume in section 1 sounds a bit too loud for the song imo
02:25:39 (3) - I'd say go ahead and put a break here
02:37:39 (1) - delete and replace break
02:48:47 (1,2,3) - why is the spacing not consistant between these three notes?

[Normal]
again, i think the hit volume at the beginning is too loud
01:06:93 (1) - this bugged me in Easy too, but now that you're consistantly using 1/4 notes...the strong syllable actually occurs 1/4 earlier than this starts
01:52:62 (10) - generally i prefer outstanding notes like this to be their own combo but w/e
02:55:85 (1) - can you line this up vertically with 4?
02:58:62 (3,4,1) - at least make some two of these line up with each other, right now not a one is

[Hard]
same hit volume thing as before
01:40:62 (2) - line this up vertically with the end of 1

[Ultimate]
once again...hit volume feels too loud
01:21:24 (5) - delete and replace break
Topic Starter
awp

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

[Easy]
nice storyboard~
I'd have to disagree on both counts here - the gap is less than 3 seconds long, and doing something like this will more likely catch the player off guard when they get a rest and before they're able to take a breath the warning arrows are there again. The hitsounds don't do nearly enough to overpower the song, either.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

I thought we went over this.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

Because it is a difference of 6 pixels? Remember: the purpose of spacing is to make the time between notes more intuitive. Is this unintuitive? Do you expect the 3 to lag more than the two?

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

[Normal]
01:06:93 (1) - this bugged me in Easy too, but now that you're consistantly using 1/4 notes...the strong syllable actually occurs 1/4 earlier than this starts
This is correct, but it is unintuitive. The notes are placed on the beat because that's when the music starts. Anyone with an internal rhythm clock should have no difficulty hitting the note if they are unfamiliar with the song. If I move it, it's a bit of a "what the hell was that early?" effect. Vocals that don't follow the beat are usually bad to map to, so I go with the flow (music) to avoid confusion or memorization in situations like these.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

01:52:62 (10) - generally i prefer outstanding notes like this to be their own combo but w/e
Yeah, that is a fair argument. I don't really care to change it, but it'd work.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

Unnecessary, methinks. Besides, it lines up with the 3, anyway.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

02:58:62 (3,4,1) - at least make some two of these line up with each other, right now not a one is
They're not supposed to. But, I think the four willl look better if I move it up to make it line up with the slider's vector.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

[Hard]
Aye, fixed.

As much as I appreciate the attention to detail, SFG, my advice is for you to police creativity a little less. While there is no harm done here (as I have no problem saying "piss off" as I see fit), more impressionable people might not have the courage, awareness or patience to actually think for themselves and decide whether or not they agree with the changes. Still, thanks for pointing out a couple sloppily placed notes <3
Yuukari-Banteki

awp wrote:

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

[Easy]
nice storyboard~
I'd have to disagree on both counts here - the gap is less than 3 seconds long, and doing something like this will more likely catch the player off guard when they get a rest and before they're able to take a breath the warning arrows are there again. The hitsounds don't do nearly enough to overpower the song, either. SFG: My impression was that I could scarcely hear the lyrics over the hitsounds. It's fine if you already KNOW the song but not if you don't

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

I thought we went over this. SFG: You've not mentioned anything of the sort to me.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

Because it is a difference of 6 pixels? Remember: the purpose of spacing is to make the time between notes more intuitive. Is this unintuitive? Do you expect the 3 to lag more than the two? SFG: It looks sloppy. I mod cosmetic, remember?

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

[Normal]
This is correct, but it is unintuitive. The notes are placed on the beat because that's when the music starts. Anyone with an internal rhythm clock should have no difficulty hitting the note if they are unfamiliar with the song. If I move it, it's a bit of a "what the hell was that early?" effect. Vocals that don't follow the beat are usually bad to map to, so I go with the flow (music) to avoid confusion or memorization in situations like these. SFG: Which is why i said not until you were consistantly using 1/4 notes. Ah well, do whatever you prefer I guess. I didn't see anything in the other two so I guess thats when you started

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

Yeah, that is a fair argument. I don't really care to change it, but it'd work. SFG: Suggestion, not command

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

Unnecessary, methinks. Besides, it lines up with the 3, anyway.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

They're not supposed to. But, I think the four willl look better if I move it up to make it line up with the slider's vector.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

[Hard]
Aye, fixed.

As much as I appreciate the attention to detail, SFG, my advice is for you to police creativity a little less. While there is no harm done here (as I have no problem saying "piss off" as I see fit), more impressionable people might not have the courage, awareness or patience to actually think for themselves and decide whether or not they agree with the changes. Still, thanks for pointing out a couple sloppily placed notes <3 SFG: I'd rather point out something and let the mapper decide than miss something that could potentially make the map better.
Yuukari-Banteki
fuck the damn graveyard

[Easy]
00:37:39 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - hitsounds?
00:42:93 (4,5,6) - ^
01:15:24 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5) - ^
01:49:39 (1) - align over the end of 2
01:49:39 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - hitsounds
02:04:16 (1) - whistle for consistancy
02:06:01 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - hitsounds
02:22:62 (1) - align w 1
im going to stop talking about hitsounds now cus youre not retarded so you can do it on your own
02:25:39 (3) - break
02:36:93 (4) - improper stacking
02:55:85 (1) - doesnt flow from 2
02:59:55 (1) - align w 3

[Normal]
same thing with hitsounds as Easy, i dont like the big empty spaces
01:03:24 (1,2,3) - looks ugly
01:18:01 (1,1,2,3) - finishspam
01:31:85 (2,3,4) - doesnt rly flow from 1
02:55:85 (1) - align under 4
...seriously it doesnt even look like you finished hitsounding this diff...

[Hard]
same hitsounds thing
00:42:93 (1) - symmetry
00:49:85 (4) - improper stacking
01:13:51 (2) - ^
02:15:47 (2) - ^
02:57:12 (6) - ^
03:15:35 (2) - ^
and alot of this feels kindof awkward i think you should look over this difficulty yourself

[Ultimate]
hitsounds
00:23:55 (3,4) - doesnt flow well from 2
01:55:85 (10) - new combo
01:57:24 (3,1,2) - doesnt flow very well
02:56:20 (2) - improper stacking
03:14:55 (1) - hitsound this if nothing else in here please T_T;
Topic Starter
awp
Motherfucker stay un-graved this time

EDIT: Also, friendly reminder. Improper stacking in editor != improper stacking in-game. You should be doing the majority of your modding in test play, I think, or at least cross-referencing the "problems" in gameplay mode. A lot of them disappear.

EDIT EDIT: Looked over everything pointed out, stumbled across this.
[Ultimate]
01:03:24 (1,2,3,4) - Is this too crazy?
Zerostarry
orz?!

Looks fine to me.
RemmyX25
Easy:
As much as i HATE being a nazi....
02:57:24 (4) - this is the only thing that bothered me being not aligned properly

Ultimate:
03:01:39 (1,1,2) - I'm not really a big fan of the hitcircle right after the spinner here (and in other places)
Topic Starter
awp

RemmyX25 wrote:

Easy:
As much as i HATE being a nazi....
02:57:24 (4) - this is the only thing that bothered me being not aligned properly
A correction like this isn't bubble-pop-worthy, but for what it's worth I did go back and fix it.

RemmyX25 wrote:

Ultimate:
03:01:39 (1,1,2) - I'm not really a big fan of the hitcircle right after the spinner here (and in other places)
But I am~ I'm leaving them there. It'd be a douchebag move if the spinner was short. But the spinner's over four beats long so it's not going to (routinely) screw anyone out of a FC. It's easy to 300 this spot.
Rolled
So I'm playing hard, since it's the last difficulty that appears on the list, and I'm like ehh this is good, but it doesn't live up to the Ultimates twewy maps that kick my ass when I play them. Whats up with awp.

Then I see it's just hard, and then I died on Ultimate :(

Good story?

Anyways, Ultimate totally lives up to the previous twewy maps. Some stuff though i think's a bit overkill.

The 1/4ths in the map you can almost get away with single clicking if they're in increments of three. Anything else you're probably better of z/xing, and I feel it's pretty hard to maintain a combo while z/xing on some of the longer 1/4th streams. For this reason, I think it'd be for the better if you cut down 01:48:35 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - a bit. I wouldn't mind if you just took out the 1 and 7 completely, doesn't sound that bad like that and it's not all that overkill. That's pretty much all though so it won't stop me from bubbling it, since I'm predicting a "fuck off rolled" anywho.

Also, this SB is confusing me. In hard, it only appeared after the last break in the song (ish.) Is it on a failing layer or something? In editor, it appears the whole way through.. but not when playing. what the fack.

edit: actually popping my own bubble until you tell me whats up with the SB, to make sure it's not an error or somethin'.

ps: I beat the fucking final boss on ultimate go me.
Topic Starter
awp

Rolled wrote:

I think it'd be for the better if you cut down 01:48:35 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - a bit. I wouldn't mind if you just took out the 1 and 7 completely, doesn't sound that bad like that and it's not all that overkill.
Since it actually sounds better that way, I've changed it. I tried experimenting a bit, but I probably like this one the most.

Rolled wrote:

Also, this SB is confusing me. In hard, it only appeared after the last break in the song (ish.) Is it on a failing layer or something? In editor, it appears the whole way through.. but not when playing. what the fack.
I've been getting weird behavior from it too, ever since the SBE came into play - probably because the SBE doesn't support looping. Then again, it doesn't work properly in-play.

So for the last half hour I've been fucking around with it. Now, Ultimate won't even LOAD the SB, ever since I added then removed SB events from Ultimate mode. I've found two bugs; one is that loops won't display until the last break period is over. To see the full storyboard, delete all the breaks in the map. Another is: well, go to the design panel and hit Sprite Library. (Don't actually do this, it gets caught in an infinite loop and begins loading images forever or until you cancel). I can fix the latter issue by renaming the files, but it looks like the SB won't be fixed until the bugs are addressed. As -

I just redownloaded the beatmap package after crashing a few times and now Normal's missing oh shit what is going onnnnnnnnn

I'm going to reupload and hope I don't fuck it up even more but there are too many bugs related to this map to rank it yet I guess
MetaSlash
I love this song from Subarashiki :D
James
wth @ violet stars
Subaru
it's cool please rank it...
Rolled
SFG really likes her twewy.
Yuukari-Banteki
Metroid
Overall - Lower the volume to sound with the music instead of masking voer it, Maybe 2 or 3 levels down?

Easy
00:41:08 (1,2,3) - example, 00:46:62 (1,2,3) - example, they are 1/2 beats apart yet in the first stamp they're not overlapping and the next stamp they are. please fix this and note this through out the map.
00:46:62 (1,2,3) - Also, add whistles to the slider ends.
02:37:39 (1) - Doesn't need to be new combo.

Normal
00:28:16 (1) - no need to be a alone combo.
00:42:93 (1,1,2,3) - Please center this on the X axis of the grid?
00:51:24 (1) - No need for a alone combo.
01:03:70 (2) - Slight nazi in the 2 is a little too far form the 1 slider.
01:05:31 (2,3,4,5,6) - Slight nazi spacing.
01:18:01 (1) - Make this part of the next combo.
01:39:24 (1,2,3,1,1,2,3) - Too small of combos.
02:21:01 (1) - Nazi spinner in a normal? Not good. - Just at 2k
02:25:51 (1) - No need to start on a blue tick.
02:51:24 (1) - No need for a new combo, make this part of the last combo.
02:59:55 (1,2,1,2,3) - Make this 1 whole combo.

Ultimate
00:50:31 (1,2,3,1,1,2,3,1,1) - Abnormal combos.
01:08:78 (1,2) - Make this part of the combo beforehand.
01:16:16 (1,2) - Same as ^.
02:22:16 (1) - Same as ^.
02:22:62 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - Make this 1 whole combo.
02:37:39 (1,1,2,3,4,1) - Make this 1 whole combo.
02:53:55 (1) - Please don't leave this guy alone, make him part of a either the combo beforehand or the next combo.
03:00:01 (1) - Make this part of the last combo beforehand.
03:00:93 (1,1) - Same as ^.
03:04:62 (1) - Same as ^.

Hard
00:55:39 (1) - Make this part of the 1 beforehand to get a small 2 hit combo.
02:22:16 (1) - Same as ^.
02:25:51 (1) - Make this start on the red tick please.
03:04:62 (1) - Make this part of the 1 beforehand to get a small 2 hit combo.
03:12:01 (1) - Same as ^.
Larto

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

i starred it because i was pissed off at awp
????????????

I really liked this map. Ultimate was so much fun.

Overall:
For some reason, the storyboard doesn't show up for me until the very last break. Note, only while playing.

All diffs (Except easy):
02:25:51 (1) - This spinner's ending sounds really bad. I'd suggest you make the ending quiet with some timing sections. You don't need to, but I think it sounds better. Luckily, on Easy it actually ends on a well sounding spot.

Normal:
02:21:01 (1) - Spinner a bit fast for Normal?

Ultimate:
This whole difficulty is too much fun to be ranked. Remove it or I have to nuke this.
Just kidding. Awesome stuff.

Oh, and do some of Metroid's modding.
show more