You won't be able to edit articles soon so make sure to learn how to use GitHub.
Go to the new home of the osu!wiki
Two Words: Beatmaps & FAQ
Other than that, can you add in more like some basic understanding a new player should know? (Like osu!account, pp system, gameplay, Chat Console, Online results and even some basics about Beatmapping [Edit]) If this page goes well, it can replace the FAQ page (called Basic FAQ in Main page).--RaikireHiuduo (talk) 13:02, 23 April 2013 (UTC) P.S. Welcome abroad! For Q&A, disturb the osu!wiki admins or reply here.
This vs FAQ
I don't think replacing this with FAQ would be a good idea, after all every game and service have their own FAQ and it should remain, however I'd think its a good idea to add this as a separate link, something like a "Basic Intro" or "Starters' Guide", just some ideas.
- Isn't this article a starting guide for newbies? — Dellirium [talks] 13:12, 24 April 2013 (UTC)
- Yes. The FAQ is somewhat outdated but that doesn't mean that we can replace it with any article. This article should have basic information on how to run osu! and such (like those Getting Started guides you see in every thing), not a full fledged guide on osu! mechanics. — A Repflez [T] [C] 15:07, 24 April 2013 (UTC)
- This page will be a Beginner's basic run-down, in which will replace the FAQ's place in "Getting Started".
- I am planning to put FAQ as the main page for osu! Game Style.
Reasoning: I feel that the FAQ's page is more about the osu! Game Styles. It explains osu! Standard, Taiko, CtB, osu!mania and not very much about osu!account, supporters, beatmaps, beatmapping, logging-in, troubleshooting, Game Modifier and etc. (because of page size issues). It is possible to redirect it into a new name but it would be a bit of hassle anyway.
tl;dr Reasoning: FAQ = osu! Game Styles. Any Objections? --RaikireHiuduo (talk) 14:22, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
- I did this to RU:FAQ several months ago so I agree that English part should do the same :p — Dellirium [talks] 23:44, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
- I thought this will replace the welcome page as peppy originally wanted to update it (noted in this thread). But by now I think we added so much stuff that it might be too big for a simple welcome page. It would definitely fit as a starters guide however. Also I was trying to avoid mentioning "Edit" mode as new players should not attempt at mapping until they get to feel the game. 99% of new players download osu! to play the game, not make maps. Either way I wrote a few basic facts about it but it would be a waste of space to go in depth about it. That's just my opinion though. --Duboodie (talk) 10:45, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
After downloading and installing osu!, open it up for the first time and it should automatically update (called "osume!").