forum

12012 - Cyclone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EiJi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 3:46:25 AM

Artist: 12012
Title: Cyclone
BPM: 244
Filesize: 4791kb
Play Time: 01:22
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (4.19 stars, 160 notes)
  2. vHard (5 stars, 297 notes)
Download: 12012 - Cyclone
Download: 12012 - Cyclone (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Map has been fully remade from scratch, both difficulties. I'll attach the original one just for fun I guess.

Normal is a bit hardish, vHard is only vHard 'cause of the stacks. Anyway... Enjoy.

-------------------

Romeo X Juliet 1st Ending.

Typical EiJi map, lotta streams, few sliders and spinners, one small break, which I had to squeeze in and doesn't quite fit either.

The video offset is a bit off, apparently there's no way to get it just perfect as it will vary from one system to another....

Anyway, I don't see myself making an easier version...I don't think it can be done, atleast I can't. Enjoy.

--------------

Remaking both versions upon confirmation of timing.

Normal done, Hard done.

Woot. 5 starz.

Stars...do I need to remove the star from long ago to get this modded? Hmm. . . . .

As per James' request, offset changed to 4.
---------------

Download: 12012 - Cyclone (EiJi) [Old-Hard].osu
Echo
Once the double video problem is fixed, this should be rankable.
Topic Starter
EiJi
Fixed.
eyup
Disclaimer: I've never liked long, fast, continuous streams of notes in ANY map.

Now that's out of the way, you can hopefully tell why I'm a bit negative about this map. Only a very small percentage of players will be able to pass this. I don't think it's really suitable for rankings...

Not to take anything away from the map, though. It's well made as usual. But... I dunno, maybe an easier version would help? Even so, I still would be hesitant to rank this insane version =\
Topic Starter
EiJi
Well... If other mods agree with you, then I'll stop submitting my "harder" maps, and instead just put em directly in my beatmap thread...

Not much I can do about how I map, that's just me. The difficulty and amount of streams is just natural. Whatever happens, happens. And unfortunately, I don't have the ability to go back and dumb-down maps to make easier versions.

Maybe in the future, as I gain experience and knowledge with mapping, I'll come back and make easy versions. But right now, I just can't.
Extor
I like the beatmap. And this one is a bit harder than the others. I don't have any problems to rank this one anyways. Let's see how this evolves. =D
Echo
Only the first verse (I think it's the verse) has those streams; otherwise they're already kept to a minimal. I wouldn't mind ranking this if there was an easier version.
Topic Starter
EiJi
Aw, well. Good ol' Cyclone. May you sleep well in the depths of Completed Maps. xD
Saturos
Sleep no longer!

Bumping from hell because Eiji dared me to S it a little before IRC crashed tonight. So I did.

The entire song was done with left-click only, as I needed to rest of my hand for stability and movement during the streams since that's what they are...streams. This admittedly took several (read: 20ish) attempts to accomplish, and I'm quite happy about it. When I get carpal tunnel, I'll partially blame this beatmap. ;)

The dare aside, this is a very quality beatmap from you yet again. No complaints here, though even I agree there should be an easier version of this, as well. ;x
Topic Starter
EiJi

Saturos wrote:

Sleep no longer!

Bumping from hell because Eiji dared me to S it a little before IRC crashed tonight. So I did.

The entire song was done with left-click only, as I needed to rest of my hand for stability and movement during the streams since that's what they are...streams. This admittedly took several (read: 20ish) attempts to accomplish, and I'm quite happy about it. When I get carpal tunnel, I'll partially blame this beatmap. ;)

The dare aside, this is a very quality beatmap from you yet again. No complaints here, though even I agree there should be an easier version of this, as well. ;x
An easier version was being made...until I realized the timing was wrong and failed to get it timed correctly. After 20 tries, you ended up with 14 100's? Well, that confirms the timing is bad.
Saturos
The timing seemed fine to me. Just about every 100 came from the streams. That's basically my limit as far as speed goes so those 20ish tries were to try and get a run that I didn't spam 50's or misses on the streams. ;x

I assume it'd be easier if I actually used the keyboard, but meh.
Topic Starter
EiJi
ALL POSTS ABOVE THIS ARE FROM THE OLD VERSION, MANY MONTHS AGO.
Ivalset
For some reason, I really like this song. <3 streams.

Except for the small repeating slider, that can go to hell along with all the other small repeating sliders you do.
James
offset seems 20ms late or something, so try 4 offset?
James
bubbletime
Topic Starter
EiJi
Hurry and rank this. Stupid unranked cap.
James
youre not the only one~
machol30
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
normal:
01:03:19 (8) - ypos iis slightly lower than the 7, move it slightly up? (nitpick)

vhard:
you mismapped a few 3-3-2 rhythms
00:40:57 (6) - shift forward 1/4
00:42:54 (2) - shift forward 1/4
00:46:47 (9) - shift forward by 1/2

vhard is fun
Topic Starter
EiJi
Fixed 01:03:19 (8) - ypos.

Ignored: Echo
00:40:57 (6) - shift forward 1/4
00:42:54 (2) - shift forward 1/4
00:46:47 (9) - shift forward by 1/2

The above three are fine. I don't know, maybe you though I was following lyrics? Either way, sounds perfect to me.

Fixed Burai's with exception to vhard: moved 1,2,3 1/8 back.
show more