forum

Cheap priced/decent USB tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cyanberryio
I'm looking for one to have a little more fun in osu!(maybe crayon physics teehee :))

But I don't know what to get, anyone have any suggestions? I was looking at this one for price, but it's SMALL.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6823102007

Or this one, it's bigger, but more expensive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6883101106

But I doubt I could ever get that one at the age of 13, it's too much for me to pay.

Maybe the first one, a small screen is good for big jumps. So any suggestions? I don't want to buy a laptop because they out-date pretty fast, and tablet ones are expensive. And I don't have a lot of money.

Any one have the first one though? Do you like it?

Hope I got it in the right section, it has to do with gameplay so I picked here.
YoshiKart
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
An64fan
I myself also recommend the Bamboo; it's a good pick and it's not too expensive. The small has an active area of 5.8"x3.7"... It's feels bigger than you'd think it is. I'm not overly familiar with other brands, but so far I've found Wacom to be really good. And, yeah, the Bamboo Fun is only like $100... I think I've had mine since October? Great investment imo and I'm glad I didn't go it any other way. :D

Of course, if you go a different route and get a different tablet, be sure to give us some feedback. I'd like to know how people have liked some other tablets they've gotten.
Topic Starter
cyanberryio
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann

Alex0686 wrote:

But if my resolution on the computer is 1680x1050, will I have to set it lower to view on the tablet?
Dun dun duuuuuuun

Keep googling

Download: BeFour (Nightcore Mix) - Magic Melody (RockingStorm) [osuplayer112's TAG4].osu
awp
I use a 4x5" tablet. It's not too small, you'll just have to spend a bit of time getting used to it. If your monitor resolution is widescreen, you'll just have to change the bounding box of the active area within your tablet's configuration software.

If you're going to be using this tablet more or less exclusively for osu! then I would recommend getting something cheap - I use an Intuos3 ($300 when I got it a few years ago) but it has a ton of features that you just don't need for something like osu!. Newegg is also generally a good site to shop.
An64fan

LuigiHann wrote:

Alex0686 wrote:

But if my resolution on the computer is 1680x1050, will I have to set it lower to view on the tablet?
Dun dun duuuuuuun

Keep googling
Yeah, a standard tablet doesn't have a screen.

That's why I always say that a tablet is just another input method.

If you actually want to be looking at your tablet (and not your computer screen), you're going to be looking at a really expensive tablet.

The Wacom Cintiq is like over a thousand dollars. Oh, how I want~ <3
YoshiKart
Oh yeah. BTW, Amazon is great. I got my Bamboo Fun Medium in blue for only $160. Tha's right, $40 off. :P
Topic Starter
cyanberryio

An64fan wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

Alex0686 wrote:

Dun dun duuuuuuun

Keep googling
Yeah, a standard tablet doesn't have a screen.

That's why I always say that a tablet is just another input method.

If you actually want to be looking at your tablet (and not your computer screen), you're going to be looking at a really expensive tablet.

The Wacom Cintiq is like over a thousand dollars. Oh, how I want~ <3
Oh, I didn't know... sorry. :o

I was looking for something I could see too, I didn't know that. I'm such an idiot. :( But those do sound expensive. How hard is it to get used to looking at the screen and using the tablet? I think maybe a tablet would help skin too.. hmm...

HOLY SHIT, you're right. They're really nice looking, but one is $1000 and the other is $2000 . :o
An64fan

Alex0686 wrote:

I was looking for something I could see too, I didn't know that. I'm such an idiot. :( But those do sound expensive. How hard is it to get used to looking at the screen and using the tablet? I think maybe a tablet would help skin too.. hmm...
Only took me a couple of days to really adjust to using the tablet. I also found that drawing stuff and playing osu! both really helped me with improving my coordination with my tablet. osu!-wise, it's really just a lot like learning to play with a mouse. You start off small and make your way up to faster and more difficult maps as your coordination improves. (you should already have some coordination skillz in reserve from playing with a mouse though lol :P)