forum

Katakiri Rekka - Why, or Why Not

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jarby
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Seibei4211
Here is the basic timing and resnapping I did. I'll mod/time it more intensively when it's finished. This should hopefully let you map it though.

Download: Katakiri Rekka - Why, or Why Not (JarJarJacob) [Hard].osu
sheshe816
Why there is no spinner metre?
The second last picture of Rena is quite scary!!(but actually I have seen her face like this for so many times)
Topic Starter
Jarby

sheshe816 wrote:

Why there is no spinner metre?
This is supposed to happen. It gives a sense of 'No time'.
LuigiHann
Nice use of storyboarding and custom sounds. Cute map overall.
Jeffro
The offset feels wrong at Anxiety, but I am bad at timing so ask someone else for that ;o

It could also be that these make it feel out of place: 00:25:60 (1,2) -

No problems with Paranoai imo

Good job on the map! :D
minyeob
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
tom800510
For both we are Katakiri Rekka's mapper :P :P :P

wish your maps be ranked sooooooooooooon

and here is the mod :shock:

-------------------------------------------------------

easy.

mod.
01:18:769 ~ 01:21:637 plz fix the distance

01:26:931 maybe you end this too fast

-----------------------------------------------------

normal.

01:15:240 ~ 01:17:667 fix this part's distance

01:23:622 (5) too close and same fix (6)

forgot this part

00:34:431 (5.6) sounds bad by singer

set spinner at 00:34:100 an end at 00:34:652

--------------------------------------------------------
suggest
00:30:019 (4.5) dont you want it to look like " ? "

00:42:593 plz set Background change before spinner end, and it will better i guess

and maybe you may wanna change spinner's pic, it look weird to me, but its ok.

and i hate last pic. look terrible, but its ok too........................... :o :o :o

LAST.

good works ;)

Should be ranked map
tom800510
oops,

i tip it on careless

sorry :o
Topic Starter
Jarby
Most of your spacing modding is wrong. I used level 1 grid for this map. Distance Snap would recommend different spacing on a higher grid. The slider end for the question mark makes it feel complete, I think. I moved the spinner start, but it still ends on that main beat, and I want the storyboard to reflect the change in pace with a visible change. The last picture reflects Rena's insanity at that point. If you have a better image in the same resolution, feel free to post it.
tom800510
Seibei4211
Paranoia
01:07:07 (6) - No. This isn't rankable.
01:26:93 (4) - Hmm...since this is the end of the map, I suggest moving this to the left so that it's cut in half by the Y axis to give the ending some symmetry. Or maybe you were trying to keep the slider out of her face...? I dunno. I think it looks better though.

Lower the drain. God damn. Both difficulties.

Offset's more like 3,754 3,762 now that I have a full map to play with. Also, -30ms to every inherited section. Just trust me on that one. Make sure the sections that are supposed to be half BPM are still half BPM afterwards.

You could probably stand to increase the circle size for each difficulty... I just don't like unnecessarily small circles is all...but it's up to you.
Topic Starter
Jarby
Fixes and stuff.

Seibei4211 wrote:

01:26:93 (4) - Hmm...since this is the end of the map, I suggest moving this to the left so that it's cut in half by the Y axis to give the ending some symmetry. Or maybe you were trying to keep the slider out of her face...? I dunno. I think it looks better though.
Can you explain this with a picture? I get the idea, but I want to see exactly what you mean. I just moved it out of her face for now.
Skyripper
Just here to star, everything looks delicious!
Krystal-n
Nice beatmap! Why, or Why Not isn't really that mappable, but you did well.

For Paranoia, I feel that the note at 0:29 should be actually moved back half a beat, because that's when she begins to say "accused", whilst the way you have it now is a bit confusing
Also, perhaps the slider at 1:19 could be rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise for some consistency in the slider pattern in that combo?

For Anxiety, I think you should move the first note half a beat back, that way it's consistent with the second combo.

PS: I love the ending =)
Topic Starter
Jarby

Krystal-n wrote:

For Paranoia, I feel that the note at 0:29 should be actually moved back half a beat, because that's when she begins to say "accused", whilst the way you have it now is a bit confusing
I don't really understand how that works.

Krystal-n wrote:

Also, perhaps the slider at 1:19 could be rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise for some consistency in the slider pattern in that combo?
Yes, it does look better flipped.

Krystal-n wrote:

For Anxiety, I think you should move the first note half a beat back, that way it's consistent with the second combo.
I don't like starting Easy or Normal difficulties off with 1/2 circles. I don't think it gives the player enough time to get a feel for the song.
Hanyuu
thank you for the map its really great.
i got nothing to add but maybe you could set the first background image to change during the spinner. I can't quite imagine it but i think it would be some funny effect to have the transition covered behind the spinner
Sushi
vytalibus
I don't really like this map's spacing; I inferred that you used level 1 Grid for this one. It makes certain parts really way off, especially in Anxiety where players might misjudge the spacing. Do you really want to continue with this kind of spacing? :(
Topic Starter
Jarby

vytalibus wrote:

I don't really like this map's spacing; I inferred that you used level 1 Grid for this one. It makes certain parts really way off, especially in Anxiety where players might misjudge the spacing. Do you really want to continue with this kind of spacing? :(
No.

Sushi die Nazi-Nachricht bereits feste den Abstand, ohnehin. Ich gehe, um ihn zu aktualisieren.
show more