forum

David Wise - Crescent Island (Diddy Kong Racing)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Wizard Of Orz
lemme make a dif :D
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
SPOILER
Mmm... if you and Remmy SRK are gonna make some difficulties, then I have some demanding requirements. Sorry! >_>

Starrodkirby - Car
supergarlic - Hovercraft

1. Keep the breaks, and that single note between the small breaks. Keep the largest circle size, but downgrade the other parts to your liking.
2. Take your notes from the first half of the song, and C&P + rotate 180 degrees for the second half, adding extra notes if you want. Try to have symmetry as much as possible.
3. Get rid of the halved timing sections if it doesn't fit your difficulty.
4. Give me the .osu file (or PM the hitobjects).
5. Be aware that I'll credit you by the OP, not the difficulty name. Sorry! I want to keep this faithful to DKR. SBing your name in a DKR font is pretty cool, right? :)

EDIT: Whee...

Done everything; spoilerbox contents redundant.
Zerostarry
Is it too late for me to make a difficulty? ;_;
Kasada
At first, I was like "Oh shit, why didn't I think to map this?" Then I realized this WASN'T the song I was thinking.

P.S. Just reserved Pirate Lagoon. ;)
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
I'm starting quite the DKR craze. :P

Zero, we talked on IRC. You good with mapping a "T.T." difficulty? Can I go ahead and grab some images to storyboard?
Zerostarry

YoshiKart wrote:

I'm starting quite the DKR craze. :P

Zero, we talked on IRC. You good with mapping a "T.T." difficulty? Can I go ahead and grab some images to storyboard?
Sure :3
Wizard Of Orz
at parts like 00:20:898 where ba bam ba parts will be slightly different on the first half and second half :p
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
Sure. :) Mmm, I should do that too.

By the way, if a sound is SB'd to play on a note, and that note gets a comboburst sound, the SB sound is cancelled. Is that a bug?
Wizard Of Orz
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: David Wise - Crescent Island (YoshiKart) [Hovercraft].osu
Larto
An64fan
You guys seriously need to finish Car. :P

I like the custom skinning and the storyboarding though. Even though I look at your fail music and applause (especially applause) and realize why it seemed kind of slow to download. Oh, and some of your storyboarded sounds seemed really loud when I went over everything in the editor.

And another thing, most of those timing sections could have been avoided by simply working around with some custom soundsets. :P

Hovercraft
Push the difficulty up p&t~
~1:26 - Fix this break?
01:48:31 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1) - I personally find stuff like this a little hard to follow right, just felt to point out though. There's nothing wrong about it though.
01:58:31 (1,1,2,3,4,1,2) - The spacing around here gets kind of odd.

Plane
Would personally push the difficulty up a notch on this as well, although it's not such an issue as Hovercraft is.

Okay, I seriously can't get much more your way from the editor right now, unfortunately. The storyboarding and the editor are just steamrolling my computer at the rate it's going at. :| It looks clean from my playthroughs, though. Only other thing is that the offset felt a bit early for me, though that's just me.

I'l have tol see if I can give this another look on the laptop at some point, as that thing handles osu! a lot better than our pc. For now, gets some priority from me since it's awesome.
Wizard Of Orz
finish the mapz faster !!!

gogogo~~
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
The SB images are now 10 times better now that I got a dump of the original game's textures. So many images... X_X

Check out the difference in the countdown; it's much brighter (and doesn't have a tree inside "Go!").Ignore the stats for now, 'cause I'm trying to overlap certain images properly. Ignore the time counter, 'cause it fails. Look at the time counter; it's epic.
Wizard Of Orz
this orz is orz my orz changed orz map orz

i orz didnt orz fix orz any orz bat orz suggestions orz though orz

Download: David Wise - Crescent Island (YoshiKart) [Hovercraft].osu
Zerostarry
Do the honours of copypasta? Change anything you want, btw

EDIT: Now with 95% more hitsounds

Download: David Wise - Crescent Island (YoshiKart) [T.T.].osu
Starrodkirby86
Zerostarry
Starrodkirby86
Pika pika pikach---Oh wait, wrong game.

Download: David Wise - Crescent Island (YoshiKart) [Car].osu
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
show more