forum

All-American Rejects - Dirty Little Secret

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MisterVercetti
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 11:23:27 AM

Artist: All-American Rejects
Title: Dirty Little Secret
Tags: Elite Beat Agents 2 All American Rejects Dirty Little Secret
BPM: 143.83
Filesize: 4555kb
Play Time: 02:42
Difficulties Available:
  1. Breezin' (0.42 stars, 98 notes)
  2. Cruisin' (2.14 stars, 175 notes)
  3. Hard ROCK! (3.9 stars, 216 notes)
  4. Sweatin' (3.61 stars, 216 notes)
Download: All-American Rejects - Dirty Little Secret
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
After much internal debate, I've decided to go ahead and upload this early for your consideration. This is song #1 of 19 in my Unofficial EBA2 Song Pack. Note that this is the rough equivalent to Walkie Talkie Man, so the earlier difficulties are supposed to be ridiculously easy.

You can find the complete song listing here. (If you feel like it, go ahead and mod the accomanying beatmap as well... peeeez? :D )

Edit: BPM, offset, and Breezin' circle size changed as per request. The BPM/Offset changes seem to work like a charm. The new circle size? I'll let you be the judge.

Also, because it's been brought to my attention that a few of the songs I was planning to do for this pack have already been done (dammit, I need to research!), expect the song listing to change slightly.

EDIT 2: BPM doubled as per Rolled's request.

EDIT 3: Certain things changed as per fufe's requests.
kingcobra52
Timing: MixMeister came up with 71.90, but your bpm seems pretty good. Try 15,540 offset though.

Breezin'

Optional: Make the hitcircles a bit bigger.

Crusin'

Good.

Sweatin'

Fine.

Hard ROCK!

Just Sweatin' inverted and more difficulty, but I guess that's how EBA does it, so it's good.

Starred. Nice job! :)
Topic Starter
MisterVercetti
Done and done. The BPM/Offset changes seem to work like a charm. As for the hit circles in Breezin'... well, I'll let you be the judge. :D
Rolled
I wouldn't recommend using BPMs this low. In the case of maybe 80, 90 even BPM or lower, you should double it. It will make it easier to time and a lot easier to work with (you won't have the need for as many 1/4ths, 1/8ths even.

Personally, if I were you, I would double all the BPM's in the song right now to make it an all around cleaner beatmap. I'll give you a nice step-by-step to make sure all your maps stay consistent to how you wanted them. If you have any problems, let me know.

1. Go into the timing tab in editor.
2. Uncheck move already placed notes
3. Go into the timing setup panel
4. Input 143.830 BPM, 15,560 offset.
5. Close panel
6. Use .7 slider velocity (for hard rock difficulty. For every other difficulty, divide velocity by 2)
7. Halve tick rate
8. Uncheck double countdown speed in storyboarding options.
9. Go into compose tab. Use a 1/2 snap divisor and resnap all notes/recalc slider lengths (timing drop down menu)

Even after doing this, a lot of your notes will turn out to be missnapped and you will think I am the dirtiest asshole in the world. I promise you though, this will make your beatmap better in the long run. Your notes can easily be resnapped manually by selecting a large chunk via the timeline (you can do this even while the song is playing) and nudging them back a measure by pressing J on the keyboard.

If any of this sounds confusing to you, let me know. I'll be more than happy to do it for you. The only reason I think it would be better if you do it is because you know where you intended each note to be placed. I'd have to take an educated guess.

After you get this out of the way let me know, I have a few more things I'd like to say about the map.
Topic Starter
MisterVercetti
It is done. I actually didn't run into any problems at all (apart from a single slider in Cruisin', and all that took was dragging it a touch longer).
fufe
Returning the favor woo.

First thing is there a reason elitebeatosu is preffered skin? I do like the graphics but i think the claps sound like farts and it annoys me lol.

Hard Rock-
01:55:678 (1) - This slider is wierd to me because it breaks the lyrical combo and doesn't seem to follow anything. The beat sound at the repeat doesnt fit well. I see 4 key beat points(01:55:678 01:56:303 01:56:721 01:57:138) that you can put beats or sliders or whatever. I liked 1 beat then a single repeat slider.
02:20:70 (7) - I have a pet peeve with this slider starting on a beat without lyrics then having the rest of the combo attached to lyrics. It sounds strange to me.
02:25:713 (1) - Similar to first slider. Not sure what this is supposed to follow.

other notes. The beatmap in general is kinda boring. Its a little too linear i think(the first section is a simple circular pattern). My 2nd beatmap came out like this and I've realized it doesn't have anything that makes it "fun" apart from matching the song. I wish the harder ones were harder. Sometimes I check out existing maps (especially newly ranked) and study how they switched up the combo patterns. Id also love to see the sliders sped up and broken up in the harder versions. Ill stop at that since im a mapping/modding noob myself.
Topic Starter
MisterVercetti
Somebody didn't pay attention to the initial post... ;)

The reason EliteBeatOsu is the preferred skin is because this is the first of a 19-song "Unofficial EBA 2" song pack I'm planning (in fact, song #2, Human Touch, is almost finished). The reason it's so "linear and boring" as you put it is because this song is the rough equivalent to EBA's Walkie Talkie Man, which itself was linear and boring. Believe me, once I get to the final songs, you'll likely be blown away. ;)

But thanks for modding. At least you actually did something. :)
fufe

MisterVercetti wrote:

Somebody didn't pay attention to the initial post... ;)
true story lol. it was a late night my bad.
Topic Starter
MisterVercetti
Well, if anything, I can assure you that Human Touch will be a lot more exciting.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.