forum

Nintendo - Fountain of Dreams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
fudgenuts64
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 2:32:15 PM

Artist: Nintendo
Title: Fountain of Dreams
Source: Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tags: kirby super smash bros melee brawl fountain of dreams
BPM: 138
Filesize: 4819kb
Play Time: 02:42
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.49 stars, 245 notes)
Download: Nintendo - Fountain of Dreams
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first beatmap, I hope you like it!
K2J
Well, I'm sad to say, but it's pretty obvious it's your first time. This is a general list of what I found wrong with your map - many of which are beginner mistakes. For specifics, see the FAQ section of the site (under Help).

1. Way too complex of a song for a first time. Will possibly involve multiple timing sections.
  2. That said, the timing you provided isn't anywhere close... it's more like 160 BPM.
  3. Due to the above, the circles don't match with the music at all.
  4. The spacing of the circles is rather uncreative - at a lot of times it seems to just loop counterclockwise around the outside.
  5. The spacing of the circles is inconsistent with the location of the circles in the song's timeline. To fix this, turn on the "Distance Snap" feature, hold ALT, and adjust the spacing slider in the upper right corner. Now, when you place circles, your cursor will be forced to be only in places consistent with the timing.
  6. You also don't use new combos - save for the one put in automatically by the spinner. See the numbers on the circles? They're not supposed to go above 20 or so - at the very very very highest (for a "Normal" map, a color combo would be about 10 to 12). Select the "New Combo" button when placing objects to make that the start of a new color group. It's important to have new combos, not just because it makes your map look a lot better and the numbers lower, but because the player gets a slight boost of health for doing well on particular combos.
  7. You only have 1 slider and only have 1 spinner, and they're both way too long.
I know that looks like a lot, but to be fair, the errors are exaggerated due to this being such a complex song to make a map for. I suggest learning the basics by a simpler map and by watching tutorials, as well as studying maps that have been ranked. A simpler map means you'll be able to find the timing more easily, and we'll be able to find errors a lot better.