forum

Rasputina - Endomorph

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mogsy
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 10:12:22 PM

Artist: Rasputina
Title: Endomorph
BPM: 166
Filesize: 3264kb
Play Time: 02:05
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.98 stars, 58 notes)
  2. Hard (4.8 stars, 182 notes)
Download: Rasputina - Endomorph
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Second Rasputina map to be fully completed, this time it's a song from their first studio album, Thanks for the Ether. Endomorph is a quiet, flowing song with strange pitch fluctuations from time to time, so I mapped it to feel that smooth and to showcase the weird vocal stuff. In any case, it's a fun map.

Background drawn by Stephanie Picirilli specifically for this map (full image is here).

EDIT 1: Fixed some issues with Easy (syncing issues, added spinners) and did some tiny spacing work on Hard.
EDIT 2: Fixed an issue involving slider ticks on Hard; well, really, just the noise of it. I added a lot of inherit timing sections to avoid the annoying ticks.
EDIT 3: Fixed more issues with Easy.
Metroid
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Mogsy

Metroid wrote:

Easy - Even Slider spams have limits. It's all sliders and 1 finale spinner.
I found more than you did while nazi-ing my own map; uploading changes now (resynced some stuff, added spinners).

Hard
00:08:749 - It's slightly far from the start of the (2)Slider.
Intentional.

00:09:351(2) - It's not snapped to the timeline at all.
The one thing I snapped in 1/6; so it IS snapped to the timeline.

00:17:424 - I might just be seeing things but the spacing gets slightly smaller here and on.
It's your mind playing tricks on you; I DID robotically space this for the most part, but I played around with it to kinda do this whole "screw-with-your-mind" thing.

00:36:942(5) - Nudge the slider to the left a bit, NOTE: this is a nazi thing and can be ignored...
Synced properly.

01:27:363(2) - The end of the slider is too far from the starting of the next slider.
Not according to robo-trob-space-deluxe. Fixing anyways, since I agree with you here, this does look a tad awkward.

Sorry for dumping most of your post, but for taking the time to play it, have a kudosu.

Fixed Easy and did some spacing/HP drain adjustment on Hard.

Download: Nomizu Iori - Nymph Virus~ (Nymph_) [Happy Chung~].osu
Skyripper
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Mafiamaster
Well I didn't see any problems. ;)
Ekaru
It was a delight to play (the harder difficulty at least. The easy one was... easy). Have some more priority. ;D Can't say I liked the song, but the map was well worth it.
CheeseWarlock
Topic Starter
Mogsy
foulcoon
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Larto
I wouldn't have thought that a song like this is mappable but well, you did it, and you did it well ;P

Ranked.
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Why thank you, Larto.

And thank you, everyone who played it. This was a lot of fun to map.
Jarby
Too few sliders, this map is awesome. I really loved the shape of the slider curves.