forum

Paramore - Born For This

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sonntag, 19. Juli 2009 at 04:02:20

Artist: Paramore
Title: Born For This
Tags: born for this paramore rock female
BPM: 185
Filesize: 7083kb
Play Time: 03:52
Difficulties Available:
  1. 0_o's Normal (3,17 stars, 276 notes)
  2. Hard (4,56 stars, 427 notes)
  3. Insane (4,88 stars, 545 notes)
Download: Paramore - Born For This
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Well then, my official first try, I hope I did not mess this one up since I really like this song. Anyways I am open for any suggestions, but I'd rather make as few changes as possible.

Edit history:
Edit; I wonder why I see no background when I go to the pending list. I have a background when I edit it, but here it seems to miss...

Edit2: Followed suggestions and changed a bit. Background is now visible.

Edit3: Added 2 smaller breaks before second refrain. Also the small beatless time at 01:25 can be considered right the amount of time to replace the mouse.

Edit4: Changed Slider Velocity and of course the slider themselves to make this more appropriate to Hard difficulty.

Edit5: Changed Spacing following Rolled's advises.

Edit6: 0_o's normal difficulty added. Thanks for the support!

Edit7: Added my own Insane difficulty. Hope you enjoy it!

Edit8: Resnapped Hard difficulty and did minor changes on insane.

Edit9: Made insane more special. ^^

Edit10: Followed some of 0_o's advises.

Edit11: Followed vytalibus' advises.

Edit12: Followed Saturos-Fangirl's advises.

Edit13: Followed most of 0_o's suggestions (although also alternated), did NOT change background (coz colours were made for the first background), did not use kiai time (I hate it mostly) and did not remove the beats mentioned by JInxyjem (sorry, but I like those parts), but changed the position of the mentioned beat (here I did not really care).
0_o
My first mod-ish post :D

Might I suggest going through the map with distance snapping? The spacing is pretty inconsistent, there are several parts where the beats are equidistant on the map but further away on the timeline (and vise versa).

Also, if this is Hard I would personally increase the slider velocity, and/or make some of them more interesting (not just straight lines)

Not bad though. I'll give Normal a shot :D

EDIT: Oh also, you're gonna want to add in hitsounds if you want to get this ranked. Just a tip :)
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
I actually don't know how to use distance snapping, especially when the beats are already placed. And if I change velocity (which I already wanted to do) it changes the already placed sliders dramatically and I am afraid to mess them up afterwards.
The Hitsounds should be added, thats true, i have to think about it. But making a map is a lot of effort, never thougt it would be that annoying sometimes. ^^
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
Ah yes, maybe I should mention because of the distance between the beats that I made it on purpose for example that two quarterbeats are slightly farther away than 3+ quarterbeats cause while I played I noticed that it felt weird to play those parts with same distance. But for Distance Snapping after the beats are already placed I'd need instructions... :oops:

Edit: OK I halfway understood how to use distance snap ill make some adjustments.
Skyripper
Your spacing is really good at some parts, but it's not consistent through the song, which is easily fixed~! ^_^

Here's how distance snapping works (if you haven't figured it out). Well turn it on first of all, down at the bottom right hand panel. I think the default setting for distance snapping is 1.0x, but you can change it to whatever you think reflects the difficulty best (Hold alt and move the slider at the top to change distance snap ratio). One thing that might kind of stink is that you've already completely mapped this, so you'll have to go through it again with distance snapping on to fix everything.

00:40:73 (6) - This should be just a hair later. Move it to the white line right in front of it (40:895)
01:33:60 (6) - Move this up to 1:33:763
01:34:087 (8) - Move this up to 1:34:249
01:41:38 (15) - Move this up to 1:41:547
01:43:00 (6) - Same as 40:73
03:49:33 (spinner) - Move the end of this to 3:51:931 and either add a slider or two beats to represent the end. As is, it sounds a little awkward

Great song! I really like it and if you need another difficulty, let me know. I'll be happy to do it.
Get that stuff done and you'll be doing really well.
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
OK, I used distance snapping, added Sounds, varied the forms of slider (but did not change the velocity, I kinda like it that way), replaced the beats mentioned by Skyripper (now I always mess up at 00:40 and 01:43 XD) and want to upload the improved version, but how do you do that?

Edit: Ah yes, one part is still not "correctly" distance snapped, but it is in order to make the part a bit more fun (for me at least)

Edit 2: I thank both of you a lot for helping me out. Never thought that mapping good ones could be such work. And Skyripper, I'd be glad if you could do a very hard one. I'm pretty sure that this is not enough for Saturos, Rolled, Cyclone, Gladi and so on. ^^
An easier would be fine too, O_o also wanted to give a try on Normal. But since this song deserves it, the more the merrier. :)
Skyripper

Samus_Fan wrote:

OK, I used distance snapping, added Sounds, varied the forms of slider (but did not change the velocity, I kinda like it that way), replaced the beats mentioned by Skyripper (now I always mess up at 00:40 and 01:43 XD) and want to upload the improved version, but how do you do that?

Edit: Ah yes, one part is still not "correctly" distance snapped, but it is in order to make the part a bit more fun (for me at least)

Edit 2: I thank both of you a lot for helping me out. Never thought that mapping good ones could be such work. And Skyripper, I'd be glad if you could do a very hard one. I'm pretty sure that this is not enough for Saturos, Rolled, Cyclone, Gladi and so on. ^^
An easier would be fine too, O_o also wanted to give a try on Normal. But since this song deserves it, the more the merrier. :)
To upload the new version just go to "Upload Beatmap" followed by "Standard Submission". You do standard submission when you just are just updating the actual beatmap files (the .osu files). You use full submission when you are adding/changing music or pictures or video, etc.

Hey it looks pretty good, I'll give it a more in depth look here in a few hours. Oh, and when I changed something on a map I made that someone suggested I screw up every time also. So I know what that is like.

One thing that you can do on the part that isn't "correctly" distance snapped is have it as a DIFFERENT distance snapping from the rest of the map. i.e. like with jumps

And, I'm glad to help. I know how hard it can be to get your map attention so I hope this helps.

I'm going to start on an Insane tonight. I'll post it here asap.
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
OK, the newer version is in ^^
Skyripper
Got it! Working on Skyripper's Insane now

EDIT: Also, add another break or two to your hard difficulty. Just played it again and it definitely needs at least one more ;)
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
Done, but I have to say I really hated it to delete those well placed Beats, but after replaying it, I noticed it would need some breaks.
Skyripper
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Skyripper
It's pretty good... I'll go over it really closely soon.

Still working on my difficulty.

You going to make an easier difficulty?
0_o
I'm still working on Normal, I will likely have it ready in a couple days. It's almost finished, but I have two midterms in the next two days, so I will likely be staying away from osu till then :P

Just a question though, is it ok if the sliders in my Normal are faster than in Hard? I like working with fast-ish sliders more than slowed down ones...

btw new star thingy for you :D
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
I wonder what the mods would say about faster velocity in easier map, but then rather slow in hard. Ill try to change mine then.
Edit: Changed to 230, please tell me this is sufficient for your work. ^^

Edit2: What is this star thingy?

Edit3: When done, how do I add your difficulty to the set and still make it to your credits since it is not my work?

Edit4: Ill be gone tomorrow for some time, so except for coming by sometimes I will not be able to upload or anything. I will have bad connection.
Rolled
0_o
TADAA!!!

I decided I couldn't wait till after midterms to finish this. So there.

So ok, I worked with double timing, and my slider velocity is at 1.2, so that means they are 0.1 faster than Hard's. I hope/don't think this is a huge issue..

But yeah, anyway, tell me what you think, and enjoy! :)

Oh, and all you have to do is put the file in your song folder (just open the map in editor and go to File -> Open Song Folder) The map will still be under your name, but the difficulty will just be called "0_o's Normal".

[Deleted old file]
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
Alright, Ill take care of the improvements when I am back in 1-2 weeks. Until then thanks for the advises.
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
OK, I'll be back in two days. Then Ill probably start with the improvements.
Topic Starter
Samus_Fan
OK, now I want to get this finished, so I'm back at improving the map.
Three things:
I changed most of the parts as mentioned by Rolled, but I need help for answering my questions.
1) Changing BPM: Is the round number necessary for info display or why should I change it, so that beats will even get snapped wrongly at the end? I even don't know what I made, but I have the BPM 92,5 (Although I don't remember changing it... Altzheimer... whatever) and the beats seem normal, I don't get it...
2)I will do the "REALLY" creative way (it sounded actually really good), but when I do the timing sections, it changes BPM, I don't get it either.... what am I doing wrong?
3) @ 0_o, Osu cannot open the file..... O_o I still don't get it...
show more