forum

Takeharu Ishimoto - Slash and Slash

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Piku
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 25 marca 2009 at 14:04:30

Artist: Takeharu Ishimoto
Title: Slash and Slash
Tags: The World Ends With You TinPin Slammer
BPM: 320
Filesize: 2804kb
Play Time: 00:59
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2,19 stars, 64 notes)
  2. Normal (4,64 stars, 116 notes)
  3. Roley's Insane (4,79 stars, 218 notes)
  4. Roley's Normal (3,33 stars, 81 notes)
Download: Takeharu Ishimoto - Slash and Slash
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My Second Beatmap, i think it's not so bad as first ^^
EDIT: Add some changes, I hope it's not worse than before.
EDIT2: Working on new difficulty, i'll upload it soon.
EDIT3: New difficulty added.
EDIT4: Added Roley's difficulties and did changes in mine.
EDIT5: Roley edited his difficulties.
EDIT6: "Unbored" [Easy] a little ^^
EDIT7: Roley edited his difficulties
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
roleykatsu
Beat Snap Divisor used while modding map: 1/1

Before I start I should point out to you that:

A) PLEASE USE DISTANCE SNAP! To do so, click the beat and move it a bit until it automatically places itself to the correct distance. Otherwise, your map is not spaced at all!
B) Please reduce your Slider Tick Rate to 1. 2 has too many tick sounds.

~Easy~
Seems like there are no mistakes here but this map gets really boring from your repeating patterns, so you may need to work on it.

<More moddedin the posts below.>
roleykatsu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
roleykatsu
I hope you wouldn't mind, but can you also add my versions of this song next time you update and upload it to forums? The files are posted below.

If you do not know how to get my files up, just make sure that

1) When youre downloading, you
A) Click the .osu files
B) Click Save
C) Find your C:// (or any other drive where you have your Program Files)
D) Click the Program Files folder
E) Click the osu! folder
F) Click the Songs folder
G) Click the "Takeharu Ishimoto - Slash and Slash" folder
H) Save there.

2) Then just reupload the beatmap using the BSS

Hope this would help, and I hope you would upload my versions. I like the song. That is why I went ahead and gave you a STAR!
Lesjuh
Overall the timing is too fast. it doesn't matter now but use Best snap divisor 1/1 except for Roley's Hard (BSD 1/2)
use offset 7.150

Roley's Easy:
- Call it Roley's Normal and eventually add some beats.
- many hitsounds doesn't make any sense. It's a clap and then a whistle for the variation. This makes it sounds so random.
- some patters are a mess. They are much better in roley's hard

00:07:145 (1, 2, 3); It's a mess and wrongly spaced
00:17:270 (...); beat?
00:31:520 (1, 2, 3, 4); place this combo a little lower
00:34:520 (1, 2); Why is this a new combo?
00:49:145 (2); ^
hitsounds are very random and I was curious what gris snap level u guys have used. grid snap level 3 is recommended.

Roley's Hard
- Call it Roley's Insane

00:14:270 (5~7); This makes no sense, follow the song a little more.
00:25:145 (1~28); geez, lame, and the combo is too high. Try to follow the song a bit moar.
00:31:520 (1~13); remove 2, 4, 6 and 8
00:49:145 (1~16) and 00:52:145 (1~16); ^^ - 8 is enough
01:01:051 (8); remove this note

I've only modded roley's now since the other already have been checked.

btw, isn't this song just called 'tinpin theme'?
roleykatsu
~Roley's Easy~
Difficulty name changed to Roley's Normal
"00:07:145 (1, 2, 3); It's a mess and wrongly spaced" - Well, it should be spaced correctly now, but define "Its a mess"
"00:17:270 (...); beat?" - Added.
"00:31:520 (1, 2, 3, 4); place this combo a little lower" - Spaced lower and in a different pattern
"00:34:520 (1, 2); Why is this a new combo?" - Fixed
"00:49:145 (2); ^" - Fixed
"hitsounds are very random" Well, I don't find it so random, but do you mind pointing out the beats where the sounds have to changed?

~Roley's Hard~
Difficulty name changed to Roley's Insane
The beatmap was remade.

Also, for my versions I changed the backgrond picture (well, actually I just added my logo on it :P)

New edited beatmaps and background attached below :3

Please delete the old Roley beatmap versions
roleykatsu
I think this beatmap needs to be moved to Pending. :/
EnergyWizard
like the song (twewy fan) i was really amazed by how much i liked the beat placement on the song i though it was really creative great job
roleykatsu
I hope this wont be a bother, but I did some adjustments to my beatmap verisons, the hit sounds and the background pic.

Can you do me a favour and:

A) Delete the old Roley Versions
B) Delete the old Roley Version Background Pic
C) Download the new versions
D) Add the new Roley Version pic to both beatmaps ?

I would be very grateful if you do so :3
roleykatsu
So, you too decided to use a TWEWY skin eh? Nice choice :D

Although, the osu! ends with you skin that you are using is the one that doesnt have a finish sound. I should know, because for the beats that had a finish sound before applying the skin does not have one now. You have to use awp's new version of osu! ends with you if you want to get a finish sound going on.

I hope you have WinRAR for this, because the new OEWY skin is not found through osu! updater, and must be downloaded as a RAR File.

For WinRAR: Click here

For Instructions to download a through-forums skin: Click here

For the New OEWY Skin: Click here

If you actually removed all of the finish sounds (which I doubt), then ignore the above. Otherwise do so if you want finish sounds to be heard.
roleykatsu
Its obvious that a difficulty that does not have "Roley's" in the beginning can only mean its the owner's (you).
Although, since you had uploaded my background picture version, I thought that I should make one for you too.
Its nothing much, but I just wanna see if youre interested to upload the background pic to your versions.

If you will upload another background pic for your versions however, you should first delete the background pic occupied for your versions (wewy_wp_001_1024x768_en)

If you dont want to, you dont have to. :P
Topic Starter
Piku

Roley wrote:

If you dont want to, you dont have to. :P
I want, but i think I'll do mine when I'll have some time :D
Thanks for doing so much :P
Edit: My avatar destroys TWEWY atmosphere xD
roleykatsu

Piku184 wrote:

Roley wrote:

Edit: My avatar destroys TWEWY atmosphere xD
You can temporarily get a new avatar which is related to TWEWY so it doesnt "destroy" the atmosphere.

By the way, did you switch the skins for your versions to the TWEWY skin?
Soaprman
I don't see much wrong with these maps. Most of the changes I'm going to suggest are stylistic things.

All difficulties
Definitely lower hitsound volume (try lowering to 70%), maybe use soft samples.

Normal
Why use TWEWY skin on this difficulty? And on that note, the skin looks fine but the hitsounds from the skin don't sound very nice with a song like this.

Roley's Insane
Add some variety. Lots of streams of notes that are a beat apart - the maps feels kind of repetitive. It's insane difficulty,go wild! :)
00:35:645: The approach circles for the beats after this spinner appear before the spinner begins. Most people (myself included) seem to find "ninja spinners" like this irritating. Try removing it. If you really insist on keeping it, raise the approach circle speed a bit so that the beat circles don't appear so soon.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.