forum

Grant Kirkhope - WitchyWorld

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gaph2000
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 4:30:22 PM

Artist: Grant Kirkhope
Title: WitchyWorld
BPM: 169.44
Filesize: 7470kb
Play Time: 01:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (Mr. Patch) (5 stars, 268 notes)
  2. Normal (2.94 stars, 159 notes)
Download: Grant Kirkhope - WitchyWorld
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
All difficultys are now done, a bit was added to Insane, as well as killed the death stream.

The Normal difficulty is a mixture of all the different songs in WitchyWorld, such as the desert theme, and the space theme.
K2J
For insane, I got:
Offset: 2,723ms
BPM: 170.02

This means you're going to need an MP3 that has notes that early (and thus the timing I just gave you is going to be wrong... :? ). Try the version from the project thread. That version should have about .1 second of silence before the music.

Or you could try this edit:

Download: MrPatch Edit.mp3
happy30
try:

BPM 169.96
Offset 2.765

for insane

Normal:

I like the jumps here.
It's a slow song, so I hope they can stay :P
Starrodkirby86
I suck at modding. :D
[Normal]:
00:08:99 (2,3) - I wouldn't have any agruments here, but this is one long jump for a Normal to have...I don't know.
00:34:99 (1) - They can work better as a slider, but it's optional.
01:40:65 (2) - If you want it to look all even and nice, move this up by one on Grid Level 2.

One break on Normal is a bit funny...I don't know, but maybe you should add one more break around the end or something to make them coincide...?

And Insane...I think you should have a little pause beforehand or not start so early. It can really catch people off-guard. In all honesty, the first four beats are what's REALLY odd about it. The song can work with that 0 offset, but I'm no offset king.

What I think, just skip the whole first part you put those beats on, and then start the song from where the exciting Witchiness comes in. xD There the BPM works fine and all that good stuff...

Can't wait to see Insane finished. ;)

EDIT: Aw, people KS. :(
Topic Starter
gaph2000
Thanks for the help. And Starrodkirby,
1) I understand about the jump, but its not really TOO much of a problem, is it?
2) I cant really put a slider there... The 3 beats before that are held notes in the song, but the single note is just that - a single note.
3) Grid Level 2? Clarifly please.

And about insane, Yeah, I couldn't really figure out those first few notes... the timing seemed off. And I was thinking about starting it from the "Witchiness" (:P), but it seemed that it would be too sudden. I'll fix the suddenly starting, too. There was a problem when I created the mp3 (I got the raw data directly from the rom of the game, and converted it to mp3), so I'll try K2J's.
Starrodkirby86
3) Grid Level 2? Clarifly please.
Go to View and change the Grid Level to 2. Then it should say Grid Size: Small, yes?

Once you do that, move 01:40:65 (2) One block upwards.

Visual showing:

And in regards to those jumps, I suppose they're all right. I'm not an average player so I can't tell what's too tough for one, and it's the least of all issues anyway. :P

I understand why you can't put a slider there now...The slider speed you chose is quite slow...D:
Maybe I thought it so because something similar was implemented in Al-Azif's map Sabishinbou with the Marimba (or whatever instrument that is), and it was pretty cool.
Topic Starter
gaph2000
Thanks! Fixed it, and learned a new trick ;)
happy30
you know...

streams like 00:42:30 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) on insane >__>

they aren't rankable and they don't fit the song. :(
Topic Starter
gaph2000

happy30 wrote:

you know...

streams like 00:42:30 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) on insane >__>

they aren't rankable and they don't fit the song. :(
Yeah, I wasn't exactly sure of the capability of some osuers, so I put it in anyway. I'll fix it.

Also, it actually does fit the song if you listen at 75% in the editor.
Topic Starter
gaph2000
I'm thinking about adding another difficulty, what song should it be?
K2J
Fun 'n Games?

Download: 092 - Fun 'N' Games.mp3
Topic Starter
gaph2000
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
happy30
Timing fix for insane:

dont forget to rename it if you upload it.

Download: Grant Kirkhope - WitchyWorld (gaph2000) [Insane (Mr. Patch)]happy30edit.osu
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.