forum

Help once again?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Justin_Aylsworth
Ok, I have two more questions guys. Sorry if I get annoying with them. xD
Anyway, to the questions. 1: I downloaded the beatmap "Opblaaskrokodil" and it won't go into Osu? The link to it is: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/576
It shows the box on Osu where it says it's adding it, but it just goes to the song that's playing when the program starts up. What do I do to get it to play?
And 2: I have I think at least 1 beatmap with a video, but it only shows a picture. How do I get the videos to play in the background?
Help? If you can, thanks, if you can't, then thanks anyway. xD
awp
Re: Videos, check the FAQ.

Re: Playing the map you downloaded, you can just find it in the song list and click to play. Hit F5 to refresh the song listing if you don't see it.
Topic Starter
Justin_Aylsworth

awp wrote:

Re: Videos, check the FAQ.

Re: Playing the map you downloaded, you can just find it in the song list and click to play. Hit F5 to refresh the song listing if you don't see it.
I've looked through the whole list. It isn't there..should I just give up on it?
An64fan
Did the box say that it was extracting the maps? Press F5 afterwards if it doesn't show up. F5 refreshes the list and all working maps should show up afterwards.

If it still doesn't come up, try checking the folder of said map in the Songs folder (should be in the osu! folder, wherever it's set up on your computer). Check that the song is complete with the .osu files and the .mp3/.ogg files.

If osu! just plain didn't extract them into the songs folder, try saving the .osz/.zip into the Songs folder, and then press F5 in song select; osu! should extract it then if you have troubles with the drag-and-drop method.
Topic Starter
Justin_Aylsworth

An64fan wrote:

Did the box say that it was extracting the maps? Press F5 afterwards if it doesn't show up. F5 refreshes the list and all working maps should show up afterwards.

If it still doesn't come up, try checking the folder of said map in the Songs folder (should be in the osu! folder, wherever it's set up on your computer). Check that the song is complete with the .osu files and the .mp3/.ogg files.

If osu! just plain didn't extract them into the songs folder, try saving the .osz/.zip into the Songs folder, and then press F5 in song select; osu! should extract it then if you have troubles with the drag-and-drop method.
K. I'll try that. What about the video thing? They won't play in the background..where do I find the video problem in the FAQ?
YoshiKart
http://osu.ppy.sh/?p=faq&n=1&c=2#c2

"Videos don't play! Why?"
Topic Starter
Justin_Aylsworth
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
An64fan
Have you tried both the drag-and-drop and saving to Songs folder methods?

And have you checked to see if osu! extracted the map to it's own folder in the Songs folder? If it has, look in it to make sure both the .osu's and .mp3 or .ogg are there.

Pre-post edit: Holy crap that file downloaded fast.

osu! put it into a "Failed" folder. The map doesn't work properly as the only thing that's there is the .osu, no .mp3 or .ogg or anything else in there with it. The problem at hand is a broken map and not your computer or osu!