forum

ZONE - True Blue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Behon
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, August 08, 2008 at 3:25:52 PM

Artist: ZONE
Title: True Blue
BPM: 130.02
Filesize: 4050kb
Play Time: 03:28
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.17 stars, 120 notes)
  2. Normal (2.61 stars, 162 notes)
  3. Hard (3.98 stars, 209 notes)
  4. Insane (4.24 stars, 209 notes)
Download: ZONE - True Blue
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The opening to the 2003 Astro Boy series. I made an attempt to add several difficulties here.

5/19: Back from the dead! Improved timing point and offset, improved placement and breaks, and added more difficulties.
6/08: More general tweaks and improvements.
7/28: See above.
8/07: Made recommended timing changes.
8/08: Changed spacing in Easy.
eyup
Timing seems pretty good, except you forgot to recalculate the slider lengths after changing BPM (because there are slider ticks right at the end of some sliders). Also, I recommend changing offset to 3950, because ideally the metronome should be going before any notes start. After changing offset, hit Ctrl+A to select all notes, and drag them on the timeline to resnap them all in one go!

A major issue with these maps is the beat spacing. Seriously, it's impossible for anyone to work out when to click if all notes are spaced the same, but have different times between each. Have you tried using the Distance Snap function in the editor? It helps a lot! ;)

Good luck with the beatmap!
Extor
Hi there.

You should still check some of the beatspacing.
A nice example of this is at 1:33:94.

And, try to not repeat the same beatmap 2 times to make different difficulties. It's ok to do it once, but insane is just too much. You should mirror Hard and get rid of Insane, but that's my oppinion.

Cya!
Topic Starter
Behon
Ignore this post.
Topic Starter
Behon
Bumping because I really need some feedback or star/bubbling on this.
Topic Starter
Behon
Bumping again. Anybody?
DawnII
Change offset to 4,018 and BPM to 130.02.

Easy: Change tick rate to 1. Note placement sounds really bad, it doesn't fit with the song at all. This is especially apparent on Normal. I hope it's just the timing issues.
Hard/Insane: Tick rate to 2.

I can give more feedback once timing changes are made.
Topic Starter
Behon
The new timing seems to throw things off- the beat comes too early. Are you sure it's correct?
DawnII
It's definitely around there. Metronome lines just about right on top of the percussion all the way throughout the song on .25x. Perhaps 4,024 will work better.
DawnII
Easy: Spacing is really iffy for me, not consistent (I.E. overlapping for both 3/4 and whole beats apart). Although that isn't as much of a problem, my real gripe is how tight everything is. Separate out the notes with huge spaces in between, hopefully it will rid of some confusion.

Example:
00:26:17 (4): move a grid away from (1).
00:28:94 (2): move a grid and a half away from end of (1).