forum

Jun Senoue - Chao Hero Race!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aafang
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 5:11:25 PM

Artist: Jun Senoue
Title: Chao Hero Race!
Source: Sonic Adventure Battle 2
BPM: 125
Filesize: 5196kb
Play Time: 01:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. Beginning racer (1.08 stars, 86 notes)
  2. Hero racer!!!!!! (4.55 stars, 256 notes)
  3. Jewel/Challenge racer! (3.23 stars, 192 notes)
Download: Jun Senoue - Chao Hero Race!
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Those little chao. You raise em and race them.
This is the chao hero race theme song from Sonic Adventure Battle 2. The reason it sounds dark is because you race dark chao with your hero chao in these races.
Without further ado, here you go!

Edit1: Some distance snapping, distance was off. Thanks to Ekaru for pointing it out.
Edit 2: It doesn't matter because I deleted this stuff.
Edit 3: Changing things back to original, because I was stupid and deleted things.
Edit 4: New background, I was told that the other one wasn't good.
Ekaru
Easy: Lalala

JewelChallenge racer!:

00:23:32 (5) - move farther away from the others
00:38:80 (5) - ^
00:40:72 (3) - ^- wait a second

This map has lots of spacing errors (more than what I mentioned). I would run through it with distance snap (look in lower right hand corner in Editor, or hold down the Alt key). Actually, you pretty much gotta, then your spacing errors will go 'poof'.

HERO RACER!!!:

Same issue as above, run through again with distance snap please.

Distance snapping both of those difficulties will take about 10 minutes total, since you already have the hit objects and sounds placed, so you just gotta fix your spacing.
Topic Starter
aafang
Ok, thanks! I'll fix it up!

Post fixing note: For some reason, on the HERO RACER!!!!! difficulty as I try and distance snap it, it goes haywire and messes up, so I tried to fix it by eye. If anyone else can edit this well, please tell me how, or if you can, do it yourself.

I was stupid and pressed the "Update" button just as I finished, so I lost it.
I must redo it now.
fufe
What do you mean by going haywire? I'm guessing you may have held alt and mouse wheeled the snap distance on accident. So in case you did, if you hold alt and look up at the top right where the beat snap divisor slider is you should see a new distance snap slider. Play with that, I think normal distance snap is around .5 or something iono. Also, can you get a better quality background ._.
Topic Starter
aafang
Ok, thanks! I added a new background also.
TheRagnarok
Chao! :)
Man, I loved the little buggers in SA2(B). I felt so proud when I finally had the little tykes win all the races! Makes me want to visit them, provided I can find the memory card they're stored in... :o

In your map's current state, it seems like you attempted to time the song, but sort of "free-formed" the beat placement (either that or you resnapped your notes somewhere down the line and it didn't come out). I should say now, your map isn't correctly timed.
Towards the beginning of Beginner Racer, you have your notes on the white ticks in the timeline, yet they are not in sync with the song.
On the other hand, in Jewel/Challenge Racer, your notes are relatively in time, yet they are on blue (1/4) ticks instead. See the inconsistency?

Try this timing out:
BPM: 124.896
Offset: 362

May not be perfect, but it's pretty darn close.
Make sure you resnap your notes. You'll likely need to go through all difficulties and make sure all your notes are in their right spots in the timeline. This may seem like a lot of work, but it's pretty much necessary!

I'd love to take a deeper look at this, but I'd like you to fix the timing first. Good luck! :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.