forum

Hayashi Shigeki - Roswell's Sortie

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Drycona
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, March 16, 2009 at 11:37:36 PM

Artist: Hayashi Shigeki
Title: Roswell's Sortie
Source: Yggdra Union
BPM: 170.15
Filesize: 973kb
Play Time: 00:26
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.41 stars, 33 notes)
  2. Normal (4.8 stars, 69 notes)
Download: Hayashi Shigeki - Roswell's Sortie
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Well this is my first beatmap so I guess I get to see how this process works.
Special thanks to fortebase for helping with the timing and polishing the map.

*crosses fingers*
Skyripper
A little short, but it's a neat little song :D

Resnap all notes first off! (Up in the timing menu in red text).

Timing seems a little off here. Your BPM is right according to my check. I think the offset is off. Try 3068. After resnapping and changing the offset you will probably need to go through your map and make sure everything is hitting when it should be.

Your spacing is pretty good :D. That's a definite positive.
+ hitsounds are good.

In fact, both difficulties are overall very good (minus the timing issue which has caused a snapping issue). So once we get your timing exactly right we can worry about anything else. So once you get this fixed (just play with your offset and make sure everything stays snapped on the bars) I'll finish modding this :D. Unless someone comes along first and does it ~

Also, I'm not sure about the policy on minimum length, but that's definitely something to check in to.

cheers!
Topic Starter
Drycona
Alright I changed offset to 3068 and snapped notes at a beat snap divisor of 1/4.
That and I attempted to make sure everything hit where it was suppose too.

I still need to scour the forums for the minimum length policy.

EDIT: Update 2: Added source in song set up. (such a big 2nd update)
Yuukari-Banteki
[Easy]
I think your map needs timing help. ask someone who is good at timing to time it (i am very bad at timing)
Also your hit volume is a smidgen loud
00:09:23 (2,3) - sounds out-of-place? might be timing
00:11:79 (2) - should be lined up horizontally with the end of 1 and farther away
00:16:73 (1) - sounds out of place?
00:20:96 (1) - should line up vertically with the end of the slider
00:25:54 (1) - should be spaced farther

[Normal]
00:08:26 (6) - random unintuitive jump
00:25:54 (1) - spacing is short here
same comments about timing and hit volume. i cant mod much further until you fix them
Topic Starter
Drycona
Lowered the hit volume on both versions and attempted to fix mistakes.

Normal:
00:25:54 - Not entirely sure what was wrong here so I messed around with the spot a bit

Easy:
00:09:23 (2,3) - fiddled with spot
00:16:73 (1) - fiddled with the spot a bit and attempted to make it sound better
00:21:63 (2) - something feels off
00:25:54 (1) - spaced a bit farther out but I am worried this is too big of a jump for an easy map

Still need to get timing help.
Topic Starter
Drycona
... sigh I guess I have to bump it ... wish people on irc could do timing ... then again no one knows me so they probably don't want say anything ...
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.