forum

Why my score isn't perfect?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lupo89
So, I tried so hard to climb the ranks of Disco*Prince and finally I managed to obtain a S score. But ther's something I don't understand: I've made no errors but it doesn't give me "perfect" in the combo area. Watching the replay I haven't missed anything, and even in the final results it doesn't give me any error. Why then there is no "perfect"?? O_o

PS: I'm new. Sorry in advance for the bad English, but I'm Italian. :P
Pazu_old
You must have many 300's in order to obtain the S rank ^^
LuigiHann
Missing a slider tick (or the beginning or end of a slider) will reset your combo (and prevent a "perfect") but won't show up as an X. Look for the part of your replay when your combo counter goes back to zero; that's your error.
Echo
More specifically, to get a "perfect", you must have combo'd the entire song.
Topic Starter
Lupo89

LuigiHann wrote:

Missing a slider tick (or the beginning or end of a slider) will reset your combo (and prevent a "perfect") but won't show up as an X. Look for the part of your replay when your combo counter goes back to zero; that's your error.
I know, I know. That's not the problem.
My combo is actually 313; the other guys have a combo of 314 and the "perfect" score. Then, logically, I must have failed only the first note, or the last, but the replay clearly shows that I taken both of them (last spinner included).
That's why I dont' understand. >_<
If only I could show to you the replay...
peppy

Lupo89 wrote:

Actually we can watch your replay.

..And even after watching it I have NO idea how this happened. I'll look into it :shock:
Ivalset
The reason for this is that you didn't hold down a slider all the way to complete it. In previous iterations, this would have killed your combo entirely, but it has been changed recently to not do this. Instead, what happens is that the last hit of the slider isn't added to your combo counter.

• To illustrate,
  1. If a slider has no ticks, and you hit the start, and hold it to completion, you get a 300 for the slider, and your counter increases by 2 (One for the start and another for the finish).
  2. However, if you hit the start of the slider, and let go prematurely, it results in a 100, and your counter increases by 1 (One from the start, and nothing from the finish). Your counter is still intact, but you do miss out on that 1, which will also prevent you from "perfecting" a song, since you need the full combo to obtain that.
S ranks can still be obtained because the slider only counts as a miss if you miss both the start and finish (and all ticks inbetween).

That's a lot of words.
Topic Starter
Lupo89

peppy wrote:

Lupo89 wrote:

Actually we can watch your replay.

..And even after watching it I have NO idea how this happened. I'll look into it :shock:
Loool. XD

Ivalset wrote:

The reason for this is that you didn't hold down a slider all the way to complete it. In previous iterations, this would have killed your combo entirely, but it has been changed recently to not do this. Instead, what happens is that the last hit of the slider isn't added to your combo counter.

To illustrate,
* If a slider has no ticks, and you hit the start, and hold it to completion, you get a 300 for the slider, and your counter increases by 2 (One for the start and another for the finish).
* However, if you hit the start of the slider, and let go prematurely, it results in a 100, and your counter increases by 1 (One from the start, and nothing from the finish). Your counter is still intact, but you do miss out on that 1, which will also prevent you from "perfecting" a song, since you need the full combo to obtain that.

S ranks can still be obtained because the slider only counts as a miss if you miss both the start and finish (and all ticks inbetween).

That's a lot of words.
Mmmmm.
Yes, It might depend from the spinner, but to be sure I covered the replay, and I got a 300 in each spinner, so I really don't understand where is the problem. Well, I hope Peppy will find an answer.
Otherwise, I will be "satisfied" of the place in the chart. XD
peppy

Lupo89 wrote:

Mmmmm.
Yes, It might depend from the spinner, but to be sure I covered the replay, and I got a 300 in each spinner, so I really don't understand where is the problem. Well, I hope Peppy will find an answer.
Otherwise, I will be "satisfied" of the place in the chart. XD
Slider not spinner! Ivalset is definitely right about this one. He mentioned you got a 100 on a slider early in play.
Ivalset
I completely forgot to point out where the 100 slider was. Silly me. It's right before the second spinner. Around 220k in points.
Topic Starter
Lupo89

peppy wrote:

Slider not spinner! Ivalset is definitely right about this one. He mentioned you got a 100 on a slider early in play.
Oh, sorry! I've confused the spinner with the slider! I watched the replay again, and he's absolutely right.
Well, since I was aiming for an higher place, I think it's not a problem get new records.
Thanks everyone. ^_^
devkit4384
just a glitch i guess