forum

How do I get my background to stay bright throughoutr he son

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
flyboy87
I just recently tweaked the Taiko storyboard to fit into my songs and I found that when I do not enter breaks, the background becomes really dark.

How do I make it stay bright throughout the entire song without fading? :(
LuigiHann
Currently there is no way to do that.

However I will suggest to peppy that the SB should stay bright through the whole map in Taiko maps. :) We'll see if he agrees.
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Oh I didn't notice the title's too long.

Yes, it needs to bright all the way for Taiko storyboard plays. It really pains my eye to just see the notes being brighter and the BG being dark. :(

Thank you for your help, LH. I appreaciate that. :)
LuigiHann
peppy said sure, so this will be added sometime :)
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Ohhh, nice!

I can't wait!
awp
It's not just for Taiko, is it? Because I think it might be nice to be able to disable the fade for SB'd maps that merit it.
LuigiHann
Right now just for Taiko (and not a toggle, the BG just won't darken ever in that mode)
Topic Starter
flyboy87
So therefore, if it's played under Taiko mod which are storyboarded, it won't darken?

Does it apply to non SB Taiko maps as well?
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
flyboy87
:)

Is it just me or are there some instances where it dims during Taiko play? :?

Thanks for hearing me out!
awp

peppy wrote:

I'm fine with this in taiko, but not sure about osu!. Taiko has a background behind the beats permanently, but osu! relies on having a certain contract between the bg and notes. the dimming ensures you aren't blinded by the bg while trying to focus on the notes.
That does assume the notes are bright, though. It's equally easy to make the notes darker to apply an inverse contrast (though I can't imagine it looking as attractive).
peppy

flyboy87 wrote:

:)

Is it just me or are there some instances where it dims during Taiko play? :?

Thanks for hearing me out!
Not as of the latest test build.

And yes awp, you have a point and I did think of that and I dont know what to do :P.
awp
Pfft - my ass you don't know what to do. I bet if you were given a large enough budget you could solve world hunger with PHP for crying out loud (PHP can do anything, after all). If a song supported skin.ini reading, it'd just have to be a flag in there.
peppy
I think dimming will always be part of osu! :)