forum

Janne Da Arc - Gekkouka -Black Jack Mix-

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
An64fan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on March 22, 2009 at 8:40:06 PM

Artist: Janne Da Arc
Title: Gekkouka -Black Jack Mix-
Source: Black Jack 1st Opening
Tags: Black Jack Blackjack anime OP
BPM: 102
Filesize: 3994kb
Play Time: 01:37
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.56 stars, 50 notes)
  2. Hard (4.52 stars, 229 notes)
  3. Normal (2.96 stars, 150 notes)
Download: Janne Da Arc - Gekkouka -Black Jack Mix-
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Feb.26: Alright, since I intend to start a second independent project besides just my Okami maps, I've decided it would best be the Black Jack and Black Jack 21 opening and endings. So here's Gekkouka, the first opening of the Black Jack anime.

I'm not entirely certain of my timing. I have no doubts at all that it may be off a small amount. Any timing feedback is much appreciated, as is any other feedback in general. I'll move this into Pending once I'm feeling certain with the timing and everything and have storyboarded lyrics. <3

Update: Slight adjustments on Hard, also set the default skin to the Black Jack skin I designed.
Update (Feb.27): Added storyboarding for the lyrics. Also left a lyrics.txt in the file for those of you who seem to be desperate for lyrics to have a more attention in mapping. Visibility of reverse arrows has been noted to me, so I may work on a new reverse arrow and try to get it in before ranking, but I'm not overly concerned about it. Whether ranking comes before making an arrow or not, it will still be added into the Black Jack skin, probably in the next update of it.
*Moved to Pending*
Update (Feb.28): Miscellaneous adjustments based on Starrod's feedback. Also added a third independant timing section at the very end of the map to better sinc the end of the last spinner in Normal/Hard.
Update (Mar.6): Various updates to Easy and Hard based on SFG's feedback.
Update (Mar.7): Fixed one of the sliders in Easy which minyeob pointed out.
Update (Mar.17): Divided up a combo.

This skin uses elements from the Black Jack skin v1.1. Although the fundamental elements are included with the map, the default skin is set to said skin so if you have it you can use the full skin. The Black Jack skin can be found here.
Skyripper
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
An64fan
There are some intentional jumps in there, definitely. ;)

I've taken out the break and 7 and replaced with a spinner since it seems to fit well.

And I've also set the default skin to my Black Jack skin so anyone who has it can play with the whole thing (and this will also fix the circle overlay/combo numbers issue so long as you have the skin).

*Updated*
Starrodkirby86
I suck at modding...:)

[Easy]:
00:31:20 (4) - Slider here? (Optional)
00:35:91 (1) - The part after this is pretty empty.
00:40:03 (1) - Make it repeat one more time. This would probably mean moving this around to make it nearby (2) more or something.
00:44:14 - Add a beat here?
01:08:26 - Add a beat here? This one is less needed because I see the rhythm going with (2) and (3).
01:29:73 (1) - This is one odd slider.

[Normal]:
00:24:14 (2) - Slider here? (Optional)
00:31:20 (5) - Slid----Hey wait a second! (Optional)
00:48:26 (2) - Should this slider be straight instead of slanted? /consideration
01:20:91 (8) - Hitsound here?
01:50:38 (8) - Finish here?
01:55:90 (8) - If you did decide to put a Finish back there, then put one here for consistency. :P

[Hard]:
00:07:38 (4) - No matter how much I look at this, it seems right and wrong at the same time. Only thing I can think of is moving it to the left on Grid Level 3. (I know it's an intentional jump, but what irks me is that if it's on a straight line or in the middle of those two...) If not...then move one down and one right on Grid Level 3?
00:25:91 (4,5) - I know they're all jumps and such, but for jumps...it seems sort of...random...
01:22:97 (4) - Was this intentional that this circle is a little uneven from the previous one?

Yeah, I bet the most used symbol in my modding over here besides - was ?. -_-;
One suggestion I recommend is to have the lyrics fade in and fade out. It looks funny when it just cuts in straight away. Other than that, there aren't really any problems. Great map. :) *star*
Topic Starter
An64fan
Easy: Adjusted that one slider at 1:29 a bit since you brought it up. The rest though I'm not gonna do. :P It's Easy, and I'm trying to keep it to light stuff, meaning syllables and parts of the background music which I find stand out the most. I don't want to rush beginners. Pretty much applies to all but your last point for easy.

Normal: That slider is intended to be that way. =P And for some reason I don't like holding out the vocals (unless it's with a spinner like I've done in hard). Some of your hit sound suggestions were good ideas, and so I've added sounds in a couple of spots.

Hard: Everything is distance snapped. Though no, it's not quite in a straight line. I don't like straight lines all the time. And I like my jumps. For the uneven circle, I'm sure it was, but I've gone and made it a little more slanted to make it obvious. :P

As you can tell, there's some stuff in this map that was completely and utterly intentional, and completely how I like it. I'm not sure about changing the storyboarding, but I might take a look at that and see if I can come up with a better transition.

Other than that, a third independent timing section's been added right at the end of Normal and Hard, as something's continued to bug me about the end of that spinner. It should sound a bit better now.

*Updated*
Metroid
Easy - it's fine

Normal
EDIT: My fault, grid snap was on, your normal's perfect.

Hard

00:07:673(4) - Either this is a on purpose jump in which it must be a new combo or you messed up spacing big time.
00:43:855(2) - Same as above ^.
00:45:914(6) - It must be a new combo for it to be allowed.....
01:12:401 - Random break... , Can you map this spot?
01:22:972(4) - Make a new combo please.
That's all folks....

Here's a star :D
Topic Starter
An64fan
Thanks for the feedback, even though I think I knocked all of your suggestions down lol. As in:

Combos: I don't recall it ever being state that jumps must be new combos?
Break: Don't want to go the full thing breakless, after Jen's feedback on The Sun Rises. =3

Download: blue drops - Heart no Kakuritsu (TV Size) (doomed151) [ertyukjh010's Hard].osu
Yuukari-Banteki
[Easy]
okay for some reason the combo numbers are sometimes hidden by the pretty bird and sometimes not :x actually its the sliders that work and the hitcircles that dont. you might wanna look into this
00:45:91 (3) - why are there random timing sections with no notes in them around here?
01:17:38 (1) - your current tick rate synchopates this and sounds really weird

[Normal]
everything looks great

[Hard]
00:17:38 (6,7) - 6 overlaps 7 ever so slightly :P can you fix it plz?
00:50:62 (8,9) - can you make these parallel?
01:40:72 (2,3) - move 3 down a little so its not under 2 at all
01:46:24 (2,3,4,5) - i feel like there should be a whistle somewhere in here

this is a very good map :)
Topic Starter
An64fan
Yeah, it's an issue with skin clashing, where the settings of whatever skin the player's using is making the numbers sit under the overlay (which has the dove on it). Unfortunately my options to fix are pretty limited at present (hence why I mentioned skinning settings for custom skinning in feature requests).

For the timing sections on Easy, it's because I c/p'd the timing sections from my original adjustments. Will do some adjustments on that now.

And made miscellaneous updates to hard based on your feedback.

*Updated*
minyeob
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
An64fan
Thanks for pointing out that slider. I did Easy first and since it was so much looser than Normal and Hard, I was having a few troubles with timing right about there (though with more activity in the other two difficulties I didn't actually have troubles). Fixed and *Updated*

Oh, and I just checked this with a different skin and, well... Yeah, that's really, really weird that it only sometimes puts the numbers underneath the overlays. Really weird...

Also handed out kudosu, including to those I must have missed at an earlier date.
vytalibus
tonyghei
good :D
Topic Starter
An64fan
Not going to change that slider in Easy, I like it. :P

Changed the combo in Hard though.

I'm I'm not too happy about the thought of moving the subtitles around.... I could force the default health bar if you really want me to do something about it? :?

*Updated*
RemmyX25
Nothing I can see terribly wrong here so i'll just leave this bubble here
Pasonia
-
foulcoon
thumbnail pls