forum

Sonic Unleashed - Title Screen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pokemon2265
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on sexta-feira, 27 de Fevereiro de 2009 at 22:45:12

Artist: Sonic Unleashed
Title: Title Screen
BPM: 306,6
Filesize: 6038kb
Play Time: 02:55
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,65 stars, 215 notes)
  2. Insane (5 stars, 359 notes)
Download: Sonic Unleashed - Title Screen
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
A horrible beatmap made by a beginner, that's me... I uploaded it so someone can download it and make a good version on it, until then, have fun getting through this one!
K2J
Well, can't fault you for advertising. However, we're not here to fix your problems; we're here to help you fix them.

Things you need to fix:
  1. Timing. I noticed that all of your beats are on the white ticks. By using the adjustment slider in the upper-right hand corner of the compose screen, you can get 1/2 and 1/4 beats. This way, you don't need such a high BPM. This will also help with placing the notes in more accurate positions.
  2. Combo colors. "Combos" in this case refer to the groups of objects that belong to a particular color - in the original games, each combo usually has around 6 to 12 objects in it before it resets to a new color, with a new combo. This is essential, because acing a combo will give you some much needed health. Make the combos too long, and it's much harder to get that bonus health. It's also really ugly when you have combos longer than, say 20. I mean, look - at the end of your song, you have hitcircle #165. One hundred and sixty five.
  3. You can only click on one thing at a time. You see that slider at 01:42:87 on Insane? And how it's running while other beats are appearing and need to be clicked? Yeah, that's impossible. Even the computer running on Auto won't be able to play that.
  4. Spacing Not only are your circles and sliders placed off-beat, but they also occur at odd spots of the screen. Generally, the shorter the time between two objects, the farther away they can be from each other. Use the distance snap tool.
  5. Slider and Spacing Speeds 1.40 is waaaaay too fast of a slider speed for 300 BPM. In the timing screen, reduce it down, after adjusting the BPM of course. After adjusting this, you'll need to adjust the distance snap tool as well. Hold down ALT on the compose screen and use the slider in the upper right corner to match your new slider speed.
  6. Song Length Even a well-mapped version of this song shouldn't be this long. You hear the song stop and start up again. It should only play once. Use Audacity or some other tool to cut the song at this point.
Topic Starter
pokemon2265
ok thanks!