forum

Sonic Unleashed - Title Screen (Take 2)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pokemon2265
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on quarta-feira, 4 de Março de 2009 at 11:55:35

Artist: Sonic Unleashed
Title: Title Screen (Take 2)
BPM: 289,5
Filesize: 1512kb
Play Time: 01:25
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (3,67 stars, 144 notes)
  2. Normal (1,05 stars, 90 notes)
Download: Sonic Unleashed - Title Screen (Take 2)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
After some editing I finally put a better version of my first Beatmap!

EDIT: New Background!
EDIT 2: New Difficulty with improved accuracy!
ztrot
try this bpm and offset i posted it in my example i think it is right also you might want to yse soft hit sounds ok?
remember to put the example in the folder of you song it only the 1st couple sec but i think you will get it.
bpm 145.00
offset 420

Download: Sonic Unleashed - Title Screen (Take 2) (pokemon2265) [example].osu
YellowerYoshi
The BPM and Offset are definitely not right. It almost seems like there will need to be multiple timing sections...

The music in this one starts immediately, so I think the offset should be 0, but I'm sure a more experienced modder could correct me on that.

The BPM... is tricky. I'm having a hard time timing this one, the BPM seems right at 144 in some spots, but then seems way off in others.

I'd take it with a grain of salt, but try these timing sections:
Offset: 0
BPM: 148
---
Offset: 6,899
BPM: 144

But like I said, the timing just seems to be really odd in this song, so you might want to consult some more experienced mappers about what your timing should look like.

Because of the timing issues, the rest of your map (both difficulties) is getting really thrown off. Some of the notes just aren't on beat and it gets really confusing and chaotic to try and play.

Also, you really need to tone down on how big your combos are. Generally, you don't want any combos over the 15~17 range, especially not as high as 20 or 30.

My biggest advice to you would be to get some timing help through the IRC. The timing of the song is really throwing off the accuracy of everything else.

Also, why is the BPM in Hard more than double that of Easy? Never, ever mess with the timing of a song between difficulties. If you want to adjust slider speeds or beat placements, use the Beat Snap Divisor and Slider Velocity adjustments (and btw, the sliders in hard are just inhumanly fast). Also, are you using the Distance Snap? It's a very accurate tool for spacing notes and should more often than not be used.
vytalibus
BPM: 143.90
Offset: 6,972

That's a rough check. Be glad I'm nice to give you a mod. Now go and fix this map.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.