forum

Beatmap of the Month

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Okay, I've just looked through the Official Future/Planned Features List and noticed the "Song of the Day" being featured there. This gives me an idea to put up a thread to commemorate those well-done beatmaps (as if the high ratings and random PMs from fans aren't enough) while that particular feature isn't implemented yet.

Welcome, to the Beatmap of the Month!

Basically, this thread just praises the efforts and patience of the mappers to bring out the best in their works. It's just for fancy talk, but this beats the random PMs of "OHMIGAWD I <3 U HAVE MAH BABIES".

Anyway, I'm currently looking for volunteers who can compile the list of candidates and judge who shall be the Beatmap of the Month. Anyone interested (preferably BATs and experienced modders) can PM me stating that they are willing to join. Volunteers must have a good sense of beatmap modding, are able to reason out and can communicate well in English. While that happens, I will start on checking out the maps alone.

Of course, if you're not willing to join the crew, but have a nomination for what you think is the best beatmap of the month, you can PM me with your nomination. I will gladly check those maps for you and see what I think. This also goes for any suggestions that you may want to speak of for this thread.

If this goes well, I might make contact with peppy himself to convince him of putting an award on the beatmap's page as Beatmap of the Month.