forum

Edit Mode - Directional Snap

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
fufe
I think theres some cases where locking into a specific direction can be handy. Just like most graphics applications where you can lock into the 8 directions. (up,down,left,right and diagonals between) .Im actually more interested in a 12-direction (like a clock) lock. I find that sometimes grid snap fights distance snap a bit too much, grid snap also doesn't help much when trying to do angled combos.

Similar idea borrowing from imaging software. http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8532&hilit=direction+snap
AceOfArrows
I like this idea, so agreed.

For one reason: Grid Snap + Distance Snap = potential problems.

Distance Snap + Herein Proposed "Directional Snap" = awesomesauce.
An64fan
Reminds me of my paths idea from a while back.... But, yeah, snapping in a specific direction wouldn't be required, but could be useful. It is a pretty standard feature, especially when it comes to graphics programs, though I don't see it hurting if osu! had it.
anonymous_old
An adjustable count (e.g. five sections for stars) and angle (to make rotated stars) would be cool. +1 for this idea.
Jeffro
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mm201
It'd be awesome to be able to place a whole line of distance-snapped notes on something like a Bezier or circular path, snapped to that instead of a grid. These paths would need to be remembered in the .osu file (or an accompanying file) somehow so you could manipulate them later.
An64fan

MetalMario201 wrote:

It'd be awesome to be able to place a whole line of distance-snapped notes on something like a Bezier or circular path, snapped to that instead of a grid. These paths would need to be remembered in the .osu file (or an accompanying file) somehow so you could manipulate them later.
I suggested this a while ago. Says James, as I recall, "Move it like a man." I would still like to see something like it though.