forum

[Reopen-me] Graphic issues when leaving game on a long time

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
I left my game on for a long time (without playing) and get graphic issues. They fix themselves when I play. More on that in a bit.

First, I noticed there are many more stars than there normally are on the main screen. This was after about six hours. Also, the background was flickering shades of blue (but it was slight).

I decided to play a game after about two days. In the game selection menu, the BACK button was going super fast (seemed to be doing the full animation 75/2 times per second (my refresh rate / 2) or something).

I went in-game, and noticed something was wrong, but couldn't nail it. Until I started using a spinner. A pink border appeared around the edge of my screen ... it was the trail from my cursor! I couldn't capture it very well, though. In this screenshot, the problem isn't as severe as it was (trail went on for about one second before fading away).

After I failed the game (cursor issue was too disturbing) the issues disappeared.

I can try and reproduce these bugs, but it'll take a while. =] I bet it's due to idleness, and not leaving the game on for a long time, though.
Echo
The main menu background is supposed to be changing colour. Also if you hover your mouse over the "osu" button the stars are supposed to multiply.

I've had some problems with leaving osu on for too long (a few hours) - usually it shows up as slight lagginess for me.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

The main menu background is supposed to be changing colour. Also if you hover your mouse over the "osu" button the stars are supposed to multiply.

I've had some problems with leaving osu on for too long (a few hours) - usually it shows up as slight lagginess for me.
I know that. I'm saying it seems to flicker, not fade, and there are more stars than usual (for any song).

No lag here, by the way. (I get over 9000 FPS anyway. (Not really -- more like 2000FPS. =[))
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
UPDATE: Retried. Left it on longer this time. Managed to get a screen of the cursor issue in-game (throwing my mouse around to stress the problem) as well as take a screenshot of the stars issue.

peppy
I kinda know about this issue, as it popped up a few times before for me (but I thought I did have it fixed). Can you please list your graphics settings (opengl/directx and whether you have limit framerate enabled or not).
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

I kinda know about this issue, as it popped up a few times before for me (but I thought I did have it fixed).
I'll try another update to make sure.

peppy wrote:

Can you please list your graphics settings (opengl/directx and whether you have limit framerate enabled or not).
Trimmed out most non-video parts:

osu!.user.cfg wrote:

Bloom = 0
ComboBurst = 0
ComboFire = 0
ComboFireHeight = 5
FpsCounter = 1
FrameSync = 0
FrameSyncGl = 1
Fullscreen = 1
Height = 768
ProgressBarPosition = 1
ProgressBarType = 2
Renderer = d3d
Skin = ouendan2
SkinSamples = 1
SkipTablet = 0
SnakingSliders = 1
Tablet = 0
Ticker = 0
UseTaikoSkin = 1
Video = 1
Width = 1024
WidthFullscreen = 1024
Unrelated question: will other fullscreen resolutions be supported? (Interested in higher ones. Custom letterbox is fine, but unsupported by my monitor (native 1280x1024, so 1024x768 is slightly off aspect and 1280x960 is too).)
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
Problem seems to have been resolved. Will try testing once more to make sure.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
Issue seems to have been completely resolved. Please close. Many thanks for your help. =]
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
I re-encountered this bug. I had the editor open for a while, untouched. I will try reproducing and such.